Author Topic: Willaim Horton lookup request please.  (Read 1996 times)

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Willaim Horton lookup request please.
« on: Thursday 24 March 16 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,I am not sure this is possible but i am trying to locate a William Horton,wife Ann between 1812 -1841. Daughter Lydia born Jan 1815, and a daughter Mary abt 1813-1814 and a son James.William Horton is stated on Lydias Marriage was a Farmer. thank you.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Willaim Horton lookup request please.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 16 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Whereabouts in Warwickshire were the children born?

When and where did Lydia marry? If she married before 1841 there is no point in us trying to find her under Horton in 1841 which is the earliest census
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 March 16 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lydia married in Oxford 1839. I have the Parish reg info for that. Lydia was bapt in Oxford 2 years after she was born. Mary has born Oxford on some census and Birmingham on another,same as with James, that's why the confusion.It might pay for me to leave it until i can find a bit more concrete info so i am not wasting anyones time searching when they may not even be there. thank you for replying.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 March 16 23:21 GMT (UK) »
1851 shows Lydia Judd (Horton) b 1815 Hailey Oxfordshire

It also shows James 38 and Lydia 36.  However - there are 3 children born well before an 1839 marriage. Ages  20/18/15.  These children are with them in 1841 aged 10, 8 and 5 respectively.
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 March 16 01:44 GMT (UK) »
1851 shows Lydia Judd (Horton) b 1815 Hailey Oxfordshire

It also shows James 38 and Lydia 36.  However - there are 3 children born well before an 1839 marriage. Ages  20/18/15.  These children are with them in 1841 aged 10, 8 and 5 respectively.

Thank you very much for replying.

I don't think this is the right family although they could be related.Does it have the names of the children?
My James is in Oxford in the 51 census and Lydia is in Deddington, married.

William Horton and Ann Horton (willis) married in Oxford 1811. Lydia and James were bapt Oxford city. William Horton and Ann also had a son William and a Daughter Mary before Lydia and James. . I had a feeling that William Horton and Ann may have moved to Birmingham after their marriage in 1811 and had Son William and Daughter Mary (b1813-1814) as Mary had( born Birmingham) on one of the census after she married.Then moved back to Oxford. Sorry i did get a bit confusing with my earlier post.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 March 16 11:35 GMT (UK) »
CaroleW was talking about this Census;

James Judd. 38
William Judd, 77
Lydia Judd, 36
Mark Judd, 26
Job Judd, 18
David Judd, 15
Mathew Judd, 13
Daniel Judd, 9
George Judd, 7
Charles Judd, 5
Alfred Judd, 3
Fredrick Judd, 1
Lydia Judd, 1 Mo

1841;
James Judd, 25
Lydia Judd, 25
Mark Judd, 10
Job Judd, 8
David Judd, 5
Mathew Judd, 3

This is your Lydia?

So James was Widowed when he married 1839?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 March 16 11:51 GMT (UK) »
1851 Census Lydia Ann Judd age 9 (born c Witney, Oxfordshire) is with her Aunt/Uncle Joseph/Mary LEAKE in Surrey.
Mary born c 1817 Witney, Oxfordshire

Possibly the one aged 1 mth on 1841 Census.

Joseph LEAKE Marriage Reg Dec 1841 Lambeth, Mary JUDD on same page

So Mary is likely a Sister of James Judd.

Is this the Mary you thought was Marys Sister?

Can you type up the Christening you have found for Lydia please.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline spacecookie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 March 16 02:28 BST (UK) »

So Mary is likely a Sister of James Judd.

Is this the Mary you thought was Marys Sister?

Can you type up the Christening you have found for Lydia please.
[/quote]

Horton Lydia do of William and Ann  Oxford St Mary Magdalen Feb 1817

Horton James so William and Ann     Oxford St Mary Magdalen April 1819

Lydia Horton married Thomas Matthews  St Michaels  March 1839

I am sure the above is not the same family,although could be related as had relations in Birmingham. I am still tring to find a birth for Lydias sister and brother Mary Horton abt 1814 and William abt 1812-1813. It has been suggested they were born Birmingham as on one of the census for Mary after her marriage, i think the 51 or 61 had she was born Birmingham, so trying to see if i could find any bapts there for them.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 March 16 03:52 BST (UK) »
I confess that I've been terribly confused too until some clarification in your last posting.

So, Lydia Horton married Thomas Matthews in 1839 (not James Judd who was one of the possible grooms) - according to online trees the Lydia who married the James Judd whose census details have been listed here was a Lydia Fawdrey).

Since online records for Oxfordshire are virtually non-existent it's hard to confirm the details for marriages/baptisms you quote.  Where did you get the information of the 2 baptisms for Lydia and James?

Since there is no sign of William and Ann Horton in census records one presumes both were deceased by 1841.

How do you know there was a sister Mary and a brother William anyway?

(A Mary Ann Horton was baptised 27/4/1815 Birmingham dau. of a William and Ann but this William was just a labourer, not a farmer) but no William with these parents).

When you mention people that married can you please ensure you give their spouses names too?  As it is, first it was thought that the marriage in 1839 was to a James Judd when it was in fact Thomas Matthews, and we can't check on the details for Mary because we've no idea who she married.   Do you see what I mean?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.