Author Topic: PLUNKETT to SMYTH  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Patroy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PLUNKETT to SMYTH
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 March 16 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow, loving all the information that is being provided, certainly giving me something to work on and think about.  A simple thank you is not enough, but thank you all the same. ;D

Offline atworthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 14 April 19 15:02 BST (UK) »
Morning all, ready to tear my hair out but before I do could I ask for fresh eyes to look at this please.

I have William PLUNKETT on the 1871 and 1881 census in Liverpool, he is with his wife Catherine. We know Catherine is a SMYTH and she was born 1843 in Dublin (we have the baptism).

They have a child Mary born c1865 and I have the baptism in Bohermeen (there is also a William John the same age but no birth place) shown on the 1871 census as being born in Ireland so would assume they married in Ireland.

Nowhere can I find a marriage for William and Catherine, would welcome your thoughts please. Thank you

Hi Patroy. William and Catherine are my 2nd great grandparents, so if you are still around, I would love to make contact with you.

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 April 19 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am still here but as I cannot find Plunkett in my personal tree I can only assume it was in one that I did for someone, if you have your tree on Ancestry would you mind giving me access and I will try and work out what I was doing.  Pat

Offline atworthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 April 19 18:55 BST (UK) »
My ancestry tree is "Bradworthy to Geelong". If you look up Alfred Wilding born 1874 you'll see my info :)

Offline SecondLife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 April 19 05:26 BST (UK) »
I finally put my aged brain in gear and remembered why I was looking for Plunkett/Smyth  :D, it was while I was helping out a family member who lives in Australia, as it turns out through DNA she now believes that a Jenkins was the person she should have been looking for and not Plunkett.  Her great grandmother was married to Plunkett (he died in Sydney) but it turns out that the child was born to a previous husband namely Jenkins.

Pat

Offline atworthy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 20 April 19 14:16 BST (UK) »
I've been in touch with this family, and yes it was a different Charles Plunkett. Thanks for taking the time to reply Pat, it's greatly appreciated :)