Author Topic: Was it George HAWES junior or senior who died in Haverhill in 1854 and/or 1855?  (Read 427 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Hi again, Everyone,
I was looking on the freeBMD website just now for the death of a George HAWES, clothier, of Haverhill who disappears after the 1851 Census, and his wife Charlotte refers to herself thereafter as "widow".  However, there are two death entries for a George HAWES, one for 1854 and one for 1855 for the Risbridge registration district.  One of them surely has to be George senior who was 52 in the 1851 Census.  He also had a son George, aged 7 in the 1841 Census, and the other entry might sadly be him as well.
If there is a kind Rootschatter out there who is privy to the Haverhill burial records, I would be most grateful if he/she could have a little look for me.
Many thanks!
Keith

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Was it George HAWES junior or senior who died in Haverhill in 1854 and/or 1855?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 March 16 00:52 GMT (UK) »
The 2 burials at Haverhill (per National Burial Index) are as follows:

George Hawes bur.8/10/1854 aged 20.

George Hawes bur.3/5/1855 aged 56.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Was it George HAWES junior or senior who died in Haverhill in 1854 and/or 1855?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 March 16 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Annette,
Thanks so much for looking those up for me!  Looks very much like a perfect fit for those two members of the HAWES family, a very sad seven months for them - son, then father, in fact..
Keith