Author Topic: John Davy 1876-9th September 1904.  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: John Davy 1876-9th September 1904.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 February 24 18:30 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

The OP (kiwigeoff) was last online here in October 2020 and should be receiving e-mail notifications to respond to their thread. If you make at least one more post, you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to contact them.

Good Luck  :D

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 February 24 20:54 GMT (UK) »
His son, Arthur, who was born in 1899, married my grandmother, Mary Lynch. 

Link to birth record-
Arthur Paul Davy born 26 June 1899 at 63 Lower Clanbrassil Street, Dublin.   MMN Butler
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1899/02030/1778428.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Manchestertwang

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 February 24 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 February 24 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sinann.
Thanks for that, yes I do have a couple of newspaper articals about the accident but i'll have a look at the Kildare Observer anyway.
 You may be interested to know that according to an artical in the Irish Times, March the 12th 2003, John Davy was the first person to die as the result of a motor car accident in Ireland. At the time there were less than 60 cars in Ireland.
Famous at last!
Regards.
kiwigeoff.

Thanks to the road safety ad we now know Mary Ward was the first person in Ireland and the world to die in a motor car accident.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ward_(scientist)

Offline kiwigeoff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 February 24 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Manchestertwang
Thankyou for your post and you are related to my dear wife whom I lost in 2022. According  to Ancestry you are Anna's 1st cousin once removed. Anna was Augustine's second youngest of eight children.
I entered you into Anna's tree to arrive at the relationship and named you "Manchestertwang" and guessed you were female because  i had to choose and I think perhaps you surname was Moore.
I did most of Anna's research so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Regards kiwigeoff

Offline Manchestertwang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 12 February 24 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Geoff, firstly may I offer my condolences regarding your wife, so very sorry we didn't connect earlier. I'm only just starting out on this adventure.
Great Grandfather John Davy
Grandfather Arthur Paul Davy b 26/06/1899
Married Mary Lynch
They had 6 children including my Mum, Annie.
Annie married Kevin Connolly in 1960
3 children including myself - Denise Sanderson (nee Connolly). I live in Warrington, Cheshire, UK.

My late grandmother spoke very fondly of her brother in law, "Uncle Gus".