Author Topic: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?  (Read 309 times)

Offline dave1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« on: Monday 28 March 16 09:35 BST (UK) »

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a marriage at St Marys RC Church, Haddington Road, Dublin on 7 Jan 1942 for David McDonnell to Elizabeth Hart(e). Their ages just say ‘Full age’. Davids address was 5 Prince of Wales Rd, Ballsbridge and his father was Charles, a Bread Van driver. Elizabeths’ address was 67 Beech Hill, Grand Canal St and her father was James, a Sgt with F.S.Army.

I am trying to find both Davids and Elizabeths births in order to get further back.

I know we cannot trace the living, but I believe both have died as they were never mentioned in the 70’s when we last had contact.

Thanking you,  Dave.
Newall, Godfrey, Maskell (Essex)
Hugill, (Yorkshire)
McCutcheon, Maclachlin(Ayrshire)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 March 16 11:00 BST (UK) »
David H McDonnell listed in the electoral roll 1941-1942 at 5 Prince of Wales TCe with Mary McDonnell (his mother?)and Mary McDonnell (Jun) possibly a sister. Nothing for Charles at the same address - could he have died by then? at 67 Grand Canal St Upper 1939-1940 James Harte and Josephine Harte his wife?
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dave1948

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McDonnell and Hart(e) Births. Dublin ?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 16 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie,

That's great info and was just what I need to trace further. As far as Charles is concerned, I wonder if you are right about him being deceased. Next to Bread Van Driver is written something but I had no idea what. Maybe its to do with being deceased, I have attached copy of cert to see if you know what it says or means.

Regards,  Dave.
Newall, Godfrey, Maskell (Essex)
Hugill, (Yorkshire)
McCutcheon, Maclachlin(Ayrshire)