Author Topic: history centre  (Read 1149 times)

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • looking into the past.lets you see the future
    • View Profile
history centre
« on: Tuesday 19 July 05 10:06 BST (UK) »
hi can any one tell me where the family history centre is in nottingham.i am putting this into my pc.and not getting the answer im looking for.
i would like to look up births deaths and marriages for.wales durham.shropshire.scotland(although i have joined scotlands people and its great)
maybe im putting the wrong name in.can someone put me right thanks.
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline BobtheBee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: history centre
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 July 05 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I googled and got :-

Church of the Latter Day Saints,
Family History Centre
Stanholm Square,
West Bridgford,
Nottingham.
Telephone: 0115 914 42 55

You will need an appointment - book well in advance
Closed all day Monday and most afternoons

Bob.
Scotland - Blaikie, Carr, Jamieson, Alexander, Chisholm
Nottinghamshire - Smith, Gabb, Simpson, Dyer
Gloucestershire - Gabb, Davies
Norfolk - Nelson
Northumberland/Durham - Davison, Scott
Wales - Shaw
USA - Pratt
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 July 05 12:02 BST (UK) »
hi thanks for this i will give them a rimg and arrange a date.is it the same as the online facility or do they have  more.i see we have the same name of davison for the north east durham.well thanks again best wishes.
harris , penrose,jose.davison.layton.leighton.summerson.bennet.clasper.wallett.cadwallader.johnson.jobling.bell (cook?)      />craig.stokoe.marshall.chalmers.white.bainbridge.waite.trevena.trenwith.polkinghorn.dixon.jopling.powell.ivey.greenhow
lloyd

Offline BobtheBee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 July 05 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't really know what they have at the Family History Centre, I've never been, but I'd seen the address.

My Davison's are all decended from William Davison b.1825 Slayley. My ggrandfather John Thomas was his son, as was Edward, Ann, Mary Michael & Elizabeth. Traced Edward to 1901, but the rest disappeared before then, and there are so many Davisons in that area.

Bob.
Scotland - Blaikie, Carr, Jamieson, Alexander, Chisholm
Nottinghamshire - Smith, Gabb, Simpson, Dyer
Gloucestershire - Gabb, Davies
Norfolk - Nelson
Northumberland/Durham - Davison, Scott
Wales - Shaw
USA - Pratt
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 July 05 19:01 BST (UK) »
 :D hi life is funny my davisons.so far are from william davison 1848(i think)he had a son william henry davison born 1883.his mam was isabella.if i here or spot any of yours after 1901 i will give you a email.thanks for the help.i will try the centre anyway.best wishes julie.
lloyd

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 July 05 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been to the Family History Centre in Nottm. I had trouble finding the correct phone number. If you do not get an answer on the one Bob gave you (it has been the old number on the web for ages) try 01159233856.

I presume you have already searched http://www.familysearch.org/ for your information.

Nottingham Archives is brilliant with very helpful staff but is generally just for Nottm. They do have the GRO which covers BMDs for the whole country.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dwalin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 July 05 11:40 BST (UK) »
thank you .i have tried familyysearch .i have been trying to get a definate on a birth certificate for a while.thought this might be the place to look.i will have a go.my husband is doing his as well .some from blidworth in nottinghamshire so it might be worth looking for him.best wishes julie.
lloyd