Author Topic: Sudbury Cemetery Photo Request  (Read 449 times)

Offline yjm

• RootsChat Member
  • Cornelius Tyte 1815-1891
    • View Profile
Sudbury Cemetery Photo Request
« on: Wednesday 30 March 16 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with a headstone photo request in Sudbury Cemetery please?

We are currently researching the Gooday family from Sudbury and have discovered one of our ancestors was indeed Mayor of Sudbury in 1929.  His name is George Charles Gooday (1876-1933).  George is interred in the same plot as his wife Ida (1892-1974).  We feel sure that there must be a headstone for them.

Sudbury Town Council have kindly provided us with the plot number of II037

So if anyone is going, or could go and take a photograph of the headstone of George & Ida, or indeed any other Gooday's that are in the vicinity we would be most appreciative.

Eve  :)

TYTE - Clock makers, Grocers - Somerset, Surrey
PLENTY, CURTIS - Millers, Yeoman Farmers - Somerset
MONK - Boatbuilders - Staffordshire, Worcestershire
MILLS - Sawyers, Joiners, Hackney Cab Proprietors - Warwickshire, London, Surrey

Offline Lin133

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sudbury Cemetery Photo Request
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 22 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eve George Charles Gooday was my great grandfather. Did you know Ida was his second wife.  He was married to Elizabeth Pryke they had 3 children one of which was my grandad George Charles Joshua.  Elizabeth died at 43 and George Charles married again to Ida within a few months. My Grandad was 15 and very upset and angry with dad. He was grieving and also saw Ida as being almost the same age as himself. He ran away to WW1. Lied about his age. He never spoke to his father again. I have only just found out that Ida and George had 3 children. I never knew! The family never spoke of it - they are all passed on now. I would love to know your history with George Charles. Unfortunately I'm on the Welsh border now and there is no-one in Sudbury left for me to ask your request.
Linda

Offline yjm

• RootsChat Member
  • Cornelius Tyte 1815-1891
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 March 22 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,
Thanks for your reply and info.  I have sent you a personal message with a link to a Gooday Family Tree which you might find interesting.  Kind Regards Eve
TYTE - Clock makers, Grocers - Somerset, Surrey
PLENTY, CURTIS - Millers, Yeoman Farmers - Somerset
MONK - Boatbuilders - Staffordshire, Worcestershire
MILLS - Sawyers, Joiners, Hackney Cab Proprietors - Warwickshire, London, Surrey

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 March 22 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,
Thanks for your reply and info.  I have sent you a personal message with a link to a Gooday Family Tree which you might find interesting.  Kind Regards Eve

Lin will need to make another post here before she can receive personal messages.

Welcome to Rootschat Lin  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lin133

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 March 22 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Glad you got your photos after all and thanks for the further info. You have got me all keen now - need to plan a trip to Sudbury this summer! 

Linda