Author Topic: Anyone able to translate from Polish to English?  (Read 910 times)

Offline adamss94

• RootsChat Extra
  • Somerset, England
    • View Profile
Anyone able to translate from Polish to English?
« on: Tuesday 05 April 16 14:41 BST (UK) »
I've had this message from the archives in Wroclaw. I asked them about finding information about my ancestors who were born in Festenberg, which is now Twardogora.

The following is the reply, which is unfortunately in Polish, which is a language have zero grasp of.

Is anyone able to translate for me?

Pismo z dnia                                                              Nasz znak:                   
30.03.2016 r.                                                             OII.6344.222.2016

Archiwum Państwowe we Wrocławiu uprzejmie informuje, że prześle skany aktów stanu cywilnego dotyczących Wolff po wpłaceniu 31,44 Eur na konto: Archiwum Państwowe we Wrocławiu, PL 41 1010 1674 0034 0522 3100 0000 NBPLPLPW, według rozliczenia:

6  skanów                           12 zł
3 h pracy:                          120zł
                                         132 zł = 31,44 Eur*

Z-ca Dyrektora
Archiwum Państwowego
we Wrocławiu
mgr Remigiusz Kazimierczak

* 1EUR = 4,1991 zł, tabela kursów walut NBP nr 64/C z dnia 04.04.2016r.

JPD

--
Archiwum Państwowe we Wrocławiu
ul. Pomorska 2
50-215 Wrocław
www.ap.wroc.pl
tel. 71 328 81 01
fax. 71 328 80 45
Wolff, Adams

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone able to translate from Polish to English?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 15:04 BST (UK) »

I put the middle bit in an online translator and it gave

State Archives in Wroclaw kindly informs that send scans of civil status documents relating to Wolff after paying 31.44 Eur account: State Archive in Wrocław , PL 41 1010 1674 0034 0522 3100 0000 NBPLPLPW , according to the settlement:

so that will give you some idea, whilst you wait for someone to do it more authoritatively
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline adamss94

• RootsChat Extra
  • Somerset, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 15:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I just not sure what send scans of civil status means?
Wolff, Adams

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 16:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I just not sure what send scans of civil status means?

Yes that is the trouble with the online translators you can sometimes lose the nuances that is why hopefully someone will come along and do it with more knowledge and authority. (I do think the archives are saying they will send you the scans once they receive payment but I would want someone who speaks and understands Polish to confirm that).

James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline adamss94

• RootsChat Extra
  • Somerset, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 April 16 16:46 BST (UK) »
If that is the case, I would be extremely glad as The documents would help a lot with my research
Wolff, Adams

Offline inor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 15:53 BST (UK) »
The Polish verb prześle is 3rd person future tense, meaning that the Archives will send the scans upon receipt of payment.