Author Topic: The Marriage of Charles Oakley Brighton to Dinah Maria Mitchell April 1932?  (Read 712 times)

Offline -sthelena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
    I'm trying to find the marriage of Charles Oakley Brighton (B: 27th Feb 1906 @ Pietermaritzburg in South Africa) to Dinah Maria/Marie Mitchell, in April 1932, they had a daughter (*), who was born on the 1933-01-04, where I don't know? and where she was baptised? I've include an attachment with this message! can any one help me please?   Thanks! 

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: The Marriage of Charles Oakley Brighton to Dinah Maria Mitchell April 1932?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 16 22:40 BST (UK) »
It's headed that wife is in Capetown so it's more than likely that's where they married and where the daughter was born

I'll ask the moderator to move your post to the SA board
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 April 16 18:22 BST (UK) »

It may be difficult to trace a marriage if you don't know exactly where she was married. A quick search of the 1932 civil marriages for Cape Town for April turned up nothing.  She may have married in church and they keep their own registers or she may have married in one of the other magistarial districts of Cape Town.

Try Family Search they have a number of South African records transcribed and indexed.....
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline -sthelena

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 April 16 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you very much, will keep searching!