Author Topic: albert and ethel howgego  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Caroline Bartlett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: albert and ethel howgego
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 07 May 17 20:04 BST (UK) »
Martin,

Wow, you have done a lot of research. Unfortunately I have not researched my family tree very much but came across this conversation by chance after recognising the names Ethel and Albert were my great grandparents names and was surprised to see my name appearing. I had started a family tree on geni and think they share info to find matches.

I know Albert and Ethel lived in Ardleigh Green, Hornchurch, Essex and had horses as
my grandad (Albert Reginald Howgego b1919) told me how he would hide under their horse when he was in trouble as his mum (Ethel) didn't like them. My grandad had a sister called Connie (must be Ethel Constance Howgego, who married Benfield ) but they lost contact.

My mum reports that her grandad did crawl some distance after being wounded during WW1 but wasnt aware of the full details.

I 'interviewed' my grandparents when I was younger so I will try to find it to see if I learn anything about his uncles, aunts or grandparents, and see if they line up with any of your names. I will post on here if I find anything out.

Caroline b1985

Offline Juninho

• RootsChat Extra
  • Per Mare Per Terram
    • View Profile
Re: albert and ethel howgego
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 14 May 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline, I,m still trying to piece this all together. Need to draw a bigger family tree I think. I,ll let you know as soon as I can confirm anything. Thanks for the info.

Martin
Lowery.Lowrey.Lowry etc-Durham,Northumberland
Stephenson- Durham
Howgego- All
Maughan, Maugham- Durham
Reavley- Durham
Dixon- Durham
Emmerson-Weardale
Rutherford-weardale