Author Topic: Owen Flecknoe  (Read 512 times)

Offline Lexi73

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen Flecknoe
« on: Sunday 24 April 16 21:34 BST (UK) »
Dear all,
This request goes back all the way to those very early records, of which I am not even sure they exist. I've looked and looked but can't find the man's origins, only traces of him later and possible siblings.

So who am I looking for? His name is Owen or Owin Flecknoe, and I am guestimating his birth between 1680 and 1690, but this may even have been earlier.
He turns up at his wedding in 1709 in Duston, which is given as his paris, while the bride, Anne Craddock, is from Overstone. In Duston their daughter Anne is born in 1710, and at the same time his wife dies, most probably in childbirth.
A few months later we run into Owen again, when he marries Joanne/Hannah Weight in Upton. No parishes are given for bride or groom but I suppose Joanne/Hannah may have been from Upton. With her Owen has a daughter (Hannah, 1713) and a son (Robert, 1715), in Duston again. Wife Joanne/Hannah dies in Duston in 1749, too.

No idea when Owen himself dies, he appears out of thin air and disappears into it again too... Where was he from? Who were his parents? Did he have any siblings? (I am considering Mary Flecknoe who marries Richard Bleweth/Blewitt in 1702 for a candidate). Was he even called Owen or did he have a different first name?

If anyone here is researching the Flecknoe family and knows anything about the origins of Owen Flecknoe, please let me know? I keep running into this family in different branches of my tree, and hopefully Owen will help me figure out how they all match?

Thanks in advance for any and every tidbit of help, who knows what you know!
Regards,
Lexi.

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Owen Flecknoe
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 April 16 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a death in Moulton which is 6 miles from Duston on Anc* transcribed as written

Owen FLEETNOR buried 26 Jun 1753 ( out of the Workhouse)

Looks like Flecknor.  :)

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lexi73

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 April 16 07:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

There is a death in Moulton which is 6 miles from Duston on Anc* transcribed as written

Owen FLEETNOR buried 26 Jun 1753 ( out of the Workhouse)

Looks like Flecknor.  :)

claire

Ah, MOULTON, wonderful! We keep getting back to Moulton, our family does, so this sure makes sense! Thanks Claire!

Offline Lexi73

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 April 16 08:40 BST (UK) »
So now I know where he went - Moulton - all I now have to find out where he came from. Not the easiest of quests unfortunately...