Author Topic: Sophia MaudPassmore born 1905 and Lea Mude Passmore born 1910 Camborne  (Read 14441 times)

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia MaudPassmore born 1905 and Lea Mude Passmore born 1910 Camborne
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 11:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, getting both frustrated and confused with Leanita/Nena and her Aunt Lillie, just where and why/how did Leanita or family find funds to afford houses in Portreath, why in her name, Uncle William/Willie stole/took the ownership from her?
Then we have the Miss L Goninon who flew on Trans Canada Airlines London to Montreal 15th August 1953?

Also a Miss Lilyie Goninon aged 71 and a Miss Leonata Goninon 48 who flew from Kindley Fields, Bermuda to Montreal 15th August 1954 again on Trans Canada Airlines?
Keyboard86
I agree that is is frustrating and unfortunately the person who can help isn't replying.
She was so sure that the Passmore's were mentioned in the book.
. Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay. I was doing my own research. We are writing a fascinating book about Leanita Goninon. We do have her two drafted original poems books. We are working with a publisher at this time.

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Sophia Maud Passmore has also a family connection to Barbra, Betty and Margarette Guggenheim family and Goninon family

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

. . . . . and these poems can be found where?

Ray
FindMyPast newspapers.
I have the original poem books. We are working on publishing them shortly

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 11:40 GMT (UK) »
:) Lovely when you look at the Newspapers in Butte, Montana like this one:-
8th May 1949

Mrs Elizabeth Goninon wife of Richard Goninon of 3046 Phillps died late Friday night at Butte Hospital, Mrs Goninon was native of Cornwall England and for last 35 years resided in Butte.
Mrs Goninon is survived by her husband Richard, a daughter Miss Lenata Goninon, one Sister in Law Miss Lillie Goninon, Brothers in Law John Goninon of WINDSOR Ontario, William Goninon of Detroit, and Garfield & Edward Goninon both of England

Montana Standard 24th April 1950

Richard Goninon a native of England and a resident of Butte past 46 years died early Sunday morning at a local hospital, the family home in 3046 Phillips.
Mr Goninon was a member of the Butte Miners Union, he is survived by his wife Olga J Goninon, a daughter Miss Lenata Goninon in Canada, Sister Lillie in Canada, four brothers John of Windsor, Ontario, William of Detroit, Garfield & Edward in England
The body is at White's Funeral House
Keyboard86

To be honest this Leanita/Nena knows so much about the Beckerleg/Passmore family their must be something in it, or was it just through the communication of Merina and her?
there is a family connection between Passmore/Gonninon/ Guggenheim

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 11:47 GMT (UK) »
I will try to post info on this matter in due course. I was told by a publisher to limit my information at this time.

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 12:38 GMT (UK) »
I saw this name in Leanita's notes William Mitchell ROBERTS, beside Sophia's name, any clue, it mentioned something about marriage certificate

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Just to drop a quick note; as it is written, that Sohpia was indeed living in Detroit, Michigan, USA and she was very close friend to Leanita Goninon. who was known to Sophia as (NENA). Leanita wrote a poem about Sophia which reflect about her life. 

Offline nancy01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
As far as we know, that Louise and Richard are not the real parent for Leantia and Percy. Louise could not have children due to her continuous miscarriages. It is impossible.

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 16:27 GMT (UK) »
I saw this name in Leanita's notes William Mitchell ROBERTS, beside Sophia's name, any clue, it mentioned something about marriage certificate
I know who Sophia married.
Just to drop a quick note; as it is written, that Sohpia was indeed living in Detroit, Michigan, USA and she was very close friend to Leanita Goninon. who was known to Sophia as (NENA). Leanita wrote a poem about Sophia which reflect about her life. 
Have you any idea when she returned to the United Kingdom? I can't find her on any incoming passenger lists.
As far as we know, that Louise and Richard are not the real parent for Leantia and Percy. Louise could not have children due to her continuous miscarriages. It is impossible.
One would have to look at the GRO to see  Leanita and Percy's mother's maiden name.