Author Topic: Robert Moore family Londonderry  (Read 3811 times)

Offline n randolph

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Moore family Londonderry
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 June 16 22:56 BST (UK) »
I  am still doing research on the Robert Moore family. I recently found in County Londonderry Civil parishes the NE Liberties of Coleraine include Ballymoney and Derrykeighan.  This puts my great grandfather's birth in the correct place.  Is anyone familiar with this area?

I will be going to Northern Ireland this month, unfortunately the dates I am researching do not look too promising.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 June 16 19:15 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit confused by your last post. The barony of NE Liberties of Coleraine includes a few townlands in Ballymoney parish but Ballymoney and Derrykeighan are not under that.
If you go to this site and search barony starting with 'NE Lib' you'll see all the townlands and their parishes.
http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/

The townland of Derrykeighan is in Ballymoney civil parish and Lower Dunluce barony.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline n randolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 June 16 20:20 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to send an attachment regarding the information I found via the internet.  Unfortunately, I am having trouble doing so.  There was a list of Civil Parishes Church of Ireland; Barony:  Poor Law Union; Catholic Parish and Catholic Diocese.  I was referring to the following:

Civil Parish Church of Ireland: Balleymoney Barony: NE Liberties of Coleraine
Poor Law Union: Coleraine Catholic Parish: Balleymoney and Derrykeighan
Catholic Diocese: Connor

It appears that I simply don't understand how this works.  I am struggling to find more information about my family since the dates I am interested in seem to be unavailable.  Researchers have not been able to help me, not surprising that I am also unable to retrieve information.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 June 16 08:26 BST (UK) »
There was a list of Civil Parishes Church of Ireland; Barony:  Poor Law Union; Catholic Parish and Catholic Diocese.  I was referring to the following:
Civil Parish Church of Ireland: Balleymoney Barony: NE Liberties of Coleraine
Poor Law Union: Coleraine Catholic Parish: Balleymoney and Derrykeighan
Catholic Diocese: Connor

A list where? could you please post a link to the information so others can try to figure out what you were looking for.

Offline n randolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 June 16 17:45 BST (UK) »
The link that I was referring to is as follows: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/County_Londonderry_Civil_Parishes

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 June 16 09:24 BST (UK) »
Well, I can certainly see why you got confused after looking at that chart. For several civil parishes there are 2 or more entries (Aghadowey is an example) and while they should have done that for Ballymoney Parish there is only the one entry which is what you saw. That entry is only for the few townlands in the N.E. Liberties of Coleraine that I mentioned earlier.
The LDS site also have lots of Ballymoney, Co. Antrim births listed under Ballymoney, Co. Cork!

If you go back to this site and search for Ballymoney under the civil parish you will see the details for the whole parish. Most of Ballymoney Parish comes under Upper Dunluce Baroney & Ballymoney Poor Law Union.
http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/

Offline n randolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 June 16 21:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you
Nita

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 February 23 22:15 GMT (UK) »
The wider Moore family could be much bigger than you anticipate. They are in my family tree, but like Doherty, impossible to tease out to into family groups. Have you done a DNA test? Both my Grandparents' families, established around Limavady for over three hundred years, have Moore and Blair in them. I have just been contacted by a DNA match from the Fermoyle, Derry group. There are Moores intermarried with Blackburn and Deans, McCurry and Guiler. The Blair Guilers lived around Ballycarton and there were shoemakers in that extended family. If I were looking for Moores in Londonderry I would use the DNA tab, all matches, look for the 'Search' button on the RHS, three boxes come up, put Moore in the middle and Londonderry on the right one. Search. All results will have Moore from Londonderry and 2. will be a DNA match to you. Best of luck

Offline n randolph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Interestingly, I also have the name McKee (and McKay) in my family tree.  By, any chance are you related to Mary McKee married to Joseph Moore?  Have you had your DNA tested on Ancestry.com, or FamilyTree.com?