Author Topic: William Henry Napier born Topsham, Devon  (Read 2530 times)

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry Napier born Topsham, Devon
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 May 16 12:54 BST (UK) »
William CLINK & wife Harriett are still living in FULHAM in 1861.
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 May 16 01:03 BST (UK) »
I don't have any references for the birth certificate of WH Napper.
WHN died in Wellington, NZ in 1917.  His parents are listed as William Henry Napier and Harriet Napier, Gardener.  Where born is given as Kent, England.  Although the informant is the Undertaken I think that the person who gave the information for the death registration was son, Arthur Edward Napier as he was born in Lee, Kent.

In the 1851 census I have found a Harriett Farrer born 1830, Chard, Somerset, Laundress at 10 Babmaes Mews. Saint James, Westminster (HO107 Piece 1484, Folio 155 Pg 26, St James Westminster, St James Square, St James in the household of Samuel Edeney, Shoemaker and family.  She was 1 of 5 Laundress.  I wonder if she is "my" Julia Harriet Farrow?

In 1875 - 1876 WHN was a member of the Canterbury (NZ) Horticultural Society, winning the Cup two years running.  He also exhibited and was a judge.  In November 1875 he was elected Superintendent of the Rose Show.  He was the gardener to a Mr R Lysaght.

Wendy

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 May 16 03:43 BST (UK) »
A thought that I would welcome views on:
At the time of the 1851 census William Clint(k) a gardener and his wife Harriet and nephew William Napper (11) were living in the gardener's cottage, North End Villa.  According to londongardensonline the owner of the property was "James Wild, a wealthy man who was a collector of curiosities and also a nonconformist, who had a strong presence in Fulham in Victorian times. Wild founded Ebenezer Chapel, an early nonconformist chapel on North End Road in 1842".

To date I have been unable to find the marriage of WHN and Julia Harriet Farrow in Fulham, Middlesex.  Could they have been married in this chapel?  If so where are the records held if they still exist?

Wendy

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 28 May 16 10:52 BST (UK) »
If you google: (Fulham archives) there is a list of several places that might be able to help you, although it seems there may not be marriage records surviving for that chapel.

There was an Ebenezer Chapel in Hammersmith which does have BMD surviving..... 

Perhaps you need to contact someone with access to the Hammersmith & Fulham archives?
Worth a shot perhaps, there is a local history centre etc etc.   ???
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 28 May 16 21:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks mowsehowse.  I will check this out.

Wendy