Author Topic: Baker/Ellis Kenton Exeter Devon  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baker/Ellis Kenton Exeter Devon
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 May 16 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi found this page and it lists the Searle family which appear to come from Kenton.
http://www.shade.id.au/Serle/Devonparish.htm Also lists the marriage of Elizabeth and Henry but doesn't give a relationship to the rest of the listings. But obviously Elizabeth is related to these Searle family members.

Offline lawrieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 September 16 03:14 BST (UK) »
Hi wondering if someone can help me track William Baker and his wife Ann Ellis married 13 April 1809 at Kenton Exeter Devonshire England. I am also wanting to find out if any of their children were baptised at the same parish. Also was William and his wife Ann also baptised there also? Thanks heaps

Hi
rainy day here in Aus and came across your post while reseaching Baker n Ellis from Kenton Devon
was wondering if this is the same family who's son George married Susan (Susanna) Gooder 1836 12 25 and  migrated to NZ on board the Lady Nugent in 1840

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 September 16 05:24 BST (UK) »
Hi LawrieB Yes it is the same family. I have traced a bit further on since this post.

Offline lawrieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 September 16 05:30 BST (UK) »
Hi LawrieB Yes it is the same family. I have traced a bit further on since this post.

Hi Lisa that's great I am the great grandson of William George Baker (The Itinerant Artist)
who is a descendant of the line you are following. Not sure whether you have the NZ side of the
family if not let me know.

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 September 16 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi LawieB I think I have most of the family of George and Susanna but I don't have the modern lines as these tend to get away over the years. I descend from Williams (William George's father) sister Caroline (3rd Grt grandmother) through her first marriage to Ebenezer Short then down through Ernest and Jessie Short.

Offline lawrieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 September 16 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa did you find anything re William Baker and Ann Ellis.
I am a complete novice at this so would appreciate any help that I can get.
Thanks

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 September 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hi William is from Kenton and Ann I think was from Tiverton Devon. William was the son of Henry Baker and Elizabeth Searle. Ann I believe is the daughter of James Ellis and Mary Copp. Having a few problems finding Elizabeth Searle's baptism there are a lot of Searle's in Kenton but only two Elizabeth Searle's in Devon which fit within the right age. So still working on it.

Offline lawrieB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 September 16 03:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lisa
gives me something to work on next rainy day

Offline JudeC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 30 April 23 05:16 BST (UK) »
Hi wondering if someone can help me track William Baker and his wife Ann Ellis married 13 April 1809 at Kenton Exeter Devonshire England. I am also wanting to find out if any of their children were baptised at the same parish. Also was William and his wife Ann also baptised there also? Thanks heaps
William and Ann are my 3rd great-grandparents. One of their children, George, was baptised 13 Sep 1816 in Kenton, Devon [familysearch.org] and emigrated to NZ. A daughter, Mary Ann Baker was baptised 22 August 1813 in Kenton, Devon [familysearch.org]. It appears that the couple moved to Devonport, Devon, but I have not verified this.