Author Topic: Who were Eveline Price's parents?  (Read 3155 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who were Eveline Price's parents?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 May 16 17:42 BST (UK) »
I have to tell you that this one has been so confusing and I thank you so much for all your efforts.  To date there were 3 women, each died as spinsters and each by the name of Eveline Richardson Price and each with  Annie Grace Price spinster as Executor so you can understand my confusion.   ::)

Now we have another Eveline so I wonder if there were more ;D

Thanks so much for helping me and I really do think I have to go to bed as its after midnight here and I don't think I can keep all these Eveline's in the air... :D

Westy

Hi Eveline Richardson Price Dec qtr 1897 Neath 11a 859
    Annie Grace Price June qtr 1887 Bangor 11b 470

1901 with parents Charles E Price 42 and Anne 38 with other siblings in Neath
Census Ref RG13/5059/74/7

Or is this one of those you have already discounted?

EDIT if the Eveline you are looking for died 1959 living at 12, Crescent Drive, Petts Wood Kent, then a Miss A G Price aged 66 residing at 12, Crescent Drive, Orpington, Kent departed 15th December 1953 London to Beira, Mozambique on City of Port Elizabeth, her occupation was that of Retired S.R. Nurse, Annie G was a Nurse in 1911, she died March qtr 1978 Croydon v11 page 2193 born 4th May 1887
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 May 16 02:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Keyboard86,

It has been playing on my mind since I last posted the lack of the middle name of Richardson and today I find you have solved it. The ones you mention are perfect and actually do fit.

Dare I say you are wonderful?  Yes you are and a great researcher. ;)

Thanks heaps. :)

Westy

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 May 16 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi thoroughly enjoyed it, was Eveline something to do with the Church?

And why your interest in two Spinsters? :)

Keyboard86

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 May 16 04:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Keyboard,

I am doing some research for a friend in Scotland who is a bit of an archivist for Quakers and Quaker descendants.  I usually develop a tree so that I can ensure I have everything in place but this time I failed to do that and as a result came unstuck. 

I realised the Eveline you discovered was not the Eveline I was after which is part of the reason I thought I had better develop a tree. I feel reasonably comfortable that that Eveline was the granddaughter of Charles Struve Price through his son Charles Edwin Price. 

The first Eveline Richardson Price was the daughter of Charles Stuve Price  and Hannah Isabella Richardson.  Its the 3rd one that is proving challenging and I only know about her because of the probate record.  The fact that Annie Grace Price was Executor links the 3 spinsters together but the question is how ??? ??? ??? ???

I thank you so much for the 1901 census info re "...with parents Charles E Price 42 and Anne 38 with other siblings in Neath Census Ref RG13/5059/74/7"  I will set about locating them family fully.

I think the Eveline "...died aged 91 a spinster in Wexham..." may not be the Eveline Price daughter of Owen and Mary but I simply am not sure.  The reason for my uneasiness is the missing name of 'Richardson'. 

I have a few things to do but this afternoon I will get back to the tree.  Your contributions have been enormously beneficial and once I feel comfortable I have as many people in place as possible I will repost and hope you see the post.

The 2nd & 3rd spinsters I think must derive from  different lines but  originating as children from Charles Stuve Price and Hannah Isabella Richardson.

I have a similar issue with some of my direct ancestors who all went by the name of Peregrine Bowen and whilst I understand perfectly the naming conventions and honoring people by naming it doesn't make it easy for genealogists.   ;D

I will get back to this later today.

Thanks once again Keyboard - will you be up for the next challenge?

Westy

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 May 16 04:54 BST (UK) »
 :) Still trying to fully understand all these Evelines' linking together with an Annie Grace Price?

The Ann/Annie Grace Price in 1901 is shown in 1891 as Grandaughter aged 4 b Bangor to a James Foster Jones 65 Cellan, Cardiganshire occ Vicar of Colbren Ystradgynlais and Grace Jones 52 b Penmynydd, Anglesey
Census Ref RG12/4467/61/14

EDIT there was another Eveline Richardson Price December qtr 1868 Neath 11a 519
And Charles Struve Price married Hannah Isabella Richardson September qtr 1856 Neath 11a 639
1861 Census Charles S aged 29 b Swansea, Hannah Isabella aged 27 b Newcastle upon Tyne
Census Ref RG09/4092/66/6
1871 Census ref RG10/5437/67/25
Keyboard86

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 May 16 06:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Keyboard,

Me too but they must link as each had the same executor the wonderful Ann/Annie Grace Price.  :-\

From the oldest to youngest
1. Eveline Richardon Price daughter of Charles Stuve Price & Hannah Isabella Richardson
2. Eveline Richardon Price daughter of Charles Edwin Price and Ann Jones - Charles Edwin is brother to Number 1 Eveline
3. Eveline Richardon Price died aged 91 a spinster in Wexham but she is different to the above 2 Evelines simply because of the approx birth date...

I have to do some more housework but will get back to this in abt an hour.   ;D

Westy

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 29 May 16 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hi the Probate for the Eveline Richardson Price who died 14th January 1963 stated that she was living in Whitchurch, Herefordshire but died in the General Hospital Monmouth, I have located one in Whitchurch who was born 14th October 1868?

Keyboard86

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 May 16 20:17 BST (UK) »
It's only 5 miles from Whitchurch,Herefordshire to Monmouth.This must be the daughter of Charles Struve Price,therefore sister of Charles Edwin and Aunt to his daughter, Eveline Richardson Price, born 1897(and of course to her sister Annie Grace).
While the death record for 1963 gives her as born 1873,the 1939 register has a record in the same  area,which is probably her,born 1868,consistent with census data.

Regards
Roger

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 30 May 16 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Keyboard & Despair,

I am busily trying to document everything into a tree and will come back to you very soon.

I appreciate your patience.

Westy