Author Topic: Apologies....Northants records on Ancestry not FindMyPast...my mistake  (Read 471 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Apologies....Northants records on Ancestry not FindMyPast...my mistake
« on: Wednesday 01 June 16 19:26 BST (UK) »
Oh dear how embarrassing....sorry to all
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies....Northants records on Ancestry not FindMyPast...my mistake
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 19:44 BST (UK) »
They were updated last week, the earlier composite registers and marriage registers have been on since January.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=738531.msg5847075#msg5847075

Unfortunately, as always with Ancestry, there are missing registers, one being the 1725-1812 Register for Roade. :-X

Just keeping my fingers crossed they digitise the Wills and Admons, as they have done with other counties such as Gloucestershire, and which was mentioned on Northamptonshire RO's Facebook page when the post 1813 Baptisms & Burials were released in early 2015.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 19:55 BST (UK) »
The wills index is on find my past.
The wills and admons are available on microfilm through LDS family history centres. One year per microfilm.
But it would be nice to have them online. As they are already microfilmed part of the job is done. It puzzles me that the NRO does not have copies of the microfilm. It would save wear and tear on the originals

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 20:10 BST (UK) »
They have microfilm copies of the Registered Wills, but the Original Wills are the original documents.  The originals tend to be easier to read and from past experience there seemed to be some Originals for which the NRO didn't have a Registered copy.  Unfortunately since we did much of our Northamptonshire research in the early 2000s, we've found other lines for which there are quite a lot of Wills so I'm hoping they'll also go online since the prices for copies have not surprisingly increased quite a bit since then.  At that time you weren't charged a fee for photographing original documents and prints from microfilm were 10p per page.  Not that cheap now. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day