Author Topic: Nominate your rootschat FEELGOOD helpers  (Read 5022 times)

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Nominate your rootschat FEELGOOD helpers
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 June 16 00:38 BST (UK) »
I nominate RunKitty for her sleuthy ways, ;D especially for the hours she spends peering at
newspapers.

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 June 16 01:07 BST (UK) »
I nominate Sandra for always coming up with so much information ...how she does it I don't know...but so happy she does....I too have learnt so much...and yes  researcher extraordinaire and helpful lady.😀

Offline cocksie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 June 16 01:13 BST (UK) »
Majm, Merlin, sparrat (not sure of spelling), Ruskie, Billy Blue, km17 (I think that is correct) ..... Plus more I can't remember.  And, yes, I confess to "stalking" as well as they all give good tips and ideas on alternative sources and interesting ways to attack brick walls.  All freely and generously given. Fabulous.
Hallidays of Northowram, Roberts of Hovingham, Stampers of Kirkdale, Cocks of Mary Tavy Devon, Cocks of Redruth Cornwall, Manser of Sussex, Axel of East Sussex, Palmer of East Sussex, Hermitage of Sussex, Smale of Kent, Haddon of Devon, Cuthill of Kinross-shire, Lynn of Ireland, Seymour of Cork

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 June 16 07:04 BST (UK) »
Yes .   of course you can nominate yourselves and wear a sticker with pride and choose your own prize .

Also let the above people know they have been nominated and can claim their prizes next time they are in Leicester or if I.m anywhere near them ....or by post !

I will make a note of all mentioned tho if you're not on here it may just be because your fans don't use this forum !
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 June 16 07:53 BST (UK) »
Majm, Merlin, sparrat (not sure of spelling), Ruskie, Billy Blue, km17 (I think that is correct) ..... Plus more I can't remember.  And, yes, I confess to "stalking" as well as they all give good tips and ideas on alternative sources and interesting ways to attack brick walls.  All freely and generously given. Fabulous.

8)
Very surprised to see my name here, among such illustrious company.
I don't think I deserve it, but thank you cocksie! :-*

May I be so bold as to add Cando to your list? She is one of the great Australian helpers. ;)

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 June 16 08:04 BST (UK) »
I nominate Lucy2 without a doubt!!

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 June 16 10:41 BST (UK) »
I m not forgetting silly dogs.shelyesque and challenger.got lots of help from them when I was stuck

And Sandra is brilliant she deserves a star prize definitely .in Sweden people give certificates for all sorts of achievements ..I.m no good at that but anyone fancy designing intern we award them on here simple case of printing them out .!

I.m going to try earning my "bringing genealogy to people who may not normally have access due to reading or language limits "
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 June 16 17:24 BST (UK) »
8)
Very surprised to see my name here, among such illustrious company.
I don't think I deserve it, but thank you cocksie! :-*

May I be so bold as to add Cando to your list? She is one of the great Australian helpers. ;)
Like Ruskie, very surprised to see my nomination!  Can't hold a candle to MAJM & Cando, for Aussie help, as I said earlier.
Thanks to everyone who helps, and to those who appreciate their help.
 8) 8)  8)  8)
Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 June 16 20:44 BST (UK) »
I, personally, think that the majority of RootsChat members deserve a nomination.

Most of us are willing to help those who are unable, for various reasons, to carry out their own research.   I have helped people from New Zealand, Australia etc in their quest for English information, and have, in turn been helped on my overseas queries.

It's a give and take ideal  :) :)

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY