Author Topic: Ann FULLILOVE, born 1700s, finding her family  (Read 3995 times)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann FULLILOVE, born 1700s, finding her family
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 December 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
I am descended from the Thomas Fullilove who died in Rotherham in 1633. Any info you may have on him and his ancestry would be much appreciated.

Offline Roger Fullilove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 27 December 18 09:34 GMT (UK) »
I expect you already know that there is very little by way of BDM in South Yorkshire (or anywhere else) before 1633 and any new of Thomas may have to come from elsewhere.

That said I can see the burial record of Thomas in Rotherham in 1633 and maybe his birth in 1593. There are other events close by that may relate to the same family.

It would be good to know how you connect to Thomas, in particular is that through the branch line of cutlers who arrived in London c1785 (i,e. John and sister Ann) OR through the residual who stayed in West Riding. I have a lot on the former and my first published book focused on those folk.

To your knowledge are there others working the Fullilove lines in Yorkshire from say 1538 to 1851? I do have a lot of data, but not much structure or story to support that.....and even less time to do so....my own line is also pressing for attention.

Roderick (Roger)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 27 December 18 17:33 GMT (UK) »
My connection is as follows :
Thomas Fullilove (d. 1633 Rotherham)  = Elizabeth
Anthony Fullilove  (bt 30 Sep 1599 Rotherham, mar. 21 Jun 1641 Rotherham) = Barbara Hirst
Thomas Fullilove   (bt Apr 1644 Rotherham) = Dorothy Richmond
Elizabeth Fullilove  (bt Dec 1673 Rotherham, mar. 30 Oct 1693 Rotherham = Josias Willey (my 8*Gfather)

So no info on London connection, and I am not aware of anyone round her (Rotherham/Sheffield area) researching Fulliloves.

Regards
Dave.

Offline tenpasteight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 03 January 19 10:43 GMT (UK) »
I’m not sure I can add much to help you further….but here goes, mostly questions (sorry)
I expect you know that the early Rotherham registers have overlaps….PR 87/1 is a composite register (ie BDMs) 1541-1663 (with gaps) and PR 87/2, another composite. Is for 1574-1640….my own research was done from these original registers in 1984…..that is not via latterly via Ancestry et al…spellings can be wild….Ffoollowloufe for example.
I see the burial of Elizabeth at Rotherham in 1634. Do you have further info to link that to Thomas d1633 or just good supposition?
It seems logical that Anthony b1599 is a son of Thomas (& Elizabeth), but again do you have data to support that?
There seems to be evidence (in PR 87/1 & 2) of a big family for Thomas – maybe from 1575 thru to 1604. However, since these registers do NOT record father’s names, it is also possible to conclude that more than one family is being cited….do you have further news?
I see Anthony married Barbara Hirst at Rotherham (PR 81/1) on 21 Jun 1641
I see Thomas married Dorothy Richmond at Ecclesfield 22 May 1662
The Fulliloves appear in many villages of West Riding from 1570 on (including Rotherham, Wentworth, Ecclesfield and Treeton) but NOT before. Later the Treeton ones are in Sheffield where they were most cutlers by trade ….. Also a few strays in York, but otherwise I’ve not seen any Fulliloves elsewhere in Yorkshire…. I suspect these people drifted north from Lincolnshire (or Leicestershire – my folk)
John, born 1759, a cutler, came to London in c1784 and fathered a large tribe in Westminster and Walworth/Camberwell that continues to this day….this is well documented in my first Fullilove book in 1984. The family also stayed in South Yorkshire thereafter, although it shrank somewhat and many became Fulleloves…..it is possible to plot these folk through the 1841-1911 census, but that is another WIP.
I expect your interest ends with the marriage of Elizabeth in 1693, but there is some possibility to trace the Rotherham branch back further (say 1450-1570) via the PRs or, failing that, via Manorial records…. I have all the wills, interesting, but nothing vital on Rotherham
I am looking for someone who is trying to piece together the entire South Yorkshire story…. Sadly I have been asking since 1984 with only modest progress. If I find the energy I shall commit my research to paper at some stage, albeit I have pressing issues to look into re my own folk….so we’ll see.
Roderick (Roger)

Offline bradburyd

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 07 January 19 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your comments.
My only source of input has been from a one day visit to Rotherham Archives. I shall try to make another visit there this coming summer, but until then I am unlikely to make any further progress.

Offline tenpasteight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 07 January 19 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, yes Rotherham holds out the best chance for extra info in the years you are searching. Be back in touch a few weeks before you go and maybe I'll have gotten all my info into a more presentable form

Offline plk74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fullilove people

While browsing Wills at my local LDS FHC today, I came across a Fullilove Will.  Remembering this unusual name from Rootschat recently, I forwarded it to myself via email.  It is made by Thomas Fullilove in (somewhere I can't read) in Rotherham parish in 1746 and registered or whatever 8th May 1747.  One of the witnesses is Richard Fullilove.
Thomas mentions Mary his wife, his daughter Dorothy Richardson, also son in law John (Isennoth - sorry can't make that out), grandchildren Richard and John (Isennoth) and Christopher Fullilove of Greasbrough, Cordwainer.

If anyone wants me to send them a copy, please pm me.  Not sure if I should post it on here, and don't know how to either!

Offline tenpasteight

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 21:19 GMT (UK) »
I too have studied this will and have transcribed it

Thomas lived in Morley in Rotherham
The witness is Richard Fulston, not Fullilove
The son in law is John Jennett, same surname for the grandchildren

Offline plk74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Well done tenpasteight

I have difficulty reading these documents, I couldn't make out half of it just picked out the names as best I could.