Author Topic: Grandmothers birth certificate  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Mademarion

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grandmothers birth certificate
« on: Tuesday 14 June 16 11:59 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my grandmother's birth certificate.  I know she was born in Aschersleben, being in Sachsen-Anhalt in the 1890's but cannot find her or her siblings on any genealogy website.  I would hope that through her I could find her parent details also.  Any thoughts!  I have a record of her death, and surprisingly divorce papers from the 1930's when she lived in Hannover.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Grandmothers birth certificate
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 12:59 BST (UK) »
Would you like to tell us her name and anything relevant her first marriage have you found that
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Mademarion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi there thanks for your post.  Her name was Emma Feuerstake at birth, taking the name Nehrig in 1915.  She was married on 18th February 1915 to Hermann Otto Nehrig in Hannover.  They had three children Hermann born 1916, Heinz in 1917/8 and my mum Margret Emma 1926.  Her divorce papers are at home, but I think it was around 1936.  Hope that helps. 

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 14:10 BST (UK) »
Only thing I came across, which you possibly already have discovered. Not sure if this lady may be a connection.
Emma Feuerstake
New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)
Given Name   Emma
Surname   Feuerstake
Last Place of Residence   Aschersleben
Event Date   23 Sep 1903
Age   27y
Nationality   Germany, German
Departure Port   Cuxhaven
Arrival Port   New York
Gender   Female
Marital Status   S
Ship Name   Palatia
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Mademarion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there yes I found her too but sadly no relation thanks any way

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 15:29 BST (UK) »
You can never say NO relation. Same name same place, some chance :P

My maiden surname- unusual- family in same town with same unusual name but 1 letter missing. I always said Oh no relation to the other lot  ::) 30 years down the line and yes we were  :-\
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 June 16 19:07 BST (UK) »
I doubt the records you want are online. They may have been microfilmed by the LDS, or you may have to write to Germany (possibly Aschersleben directly or a local archive), or find someone local to go for you.

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Germany_Civil_Registration
https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Germany_locating_civil_registration_records_not_at_the_Family_History_Library
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk