Author Topic: Confused by Edwin Werren from Worcester  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Confused by Edwin Werren from Worcester
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 June 16 17:14 BST (UK) »
One of the trees on Ancestry has William Henry Werren born 28 November 1892 at Sycamore Cottage , Pump Street , North Malvern. There is a note " Birth Certificate held " which indicates that that is the origin of the date and address. Ida Reynolds is in Pump Street in 1891. The tree also states Edward Arthur Reynolds born 20 Feb 1890 in the Workhouse , Upton on Severn - again " Birth Certificate held "
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 June 16 17:27 BST (UK) »
There is also a service record for Albert Victor Werren, with marriage and child, so some maybe kept the name, have not traced fully yet, will leave to you. With family 1939 register.

William Henry Werren was killed in action 1916  :'(

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/820435/WERREN,%20WILLIAM%20HENRY

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline AbbyG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 June 16 17:50 BST (UK) »
There is also a service record for Albert Victor Werren, with marriage and child, so some maybe kept the name, have not traced fully yet, will leave to you.

William Henry Werren was killed in action 1916  :'(

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/820435/WERREN,%20WILLIAM%20HENRY

Cas

Thanks Cas. I think Edwin and Ida had eight children and the five of them that survived infancy (William and Albert included) all kept the Werren name in the Wolverhampton area.  Like I said earlier, tracking the children is relatively easy - it was the 'complicated' relationship between their parents that was causing all the trouble. Thanks again, Abby

Offline AbbyG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 17 June 16 18:04 BST (UK) »
One of the trees on Ancestry has William Henry Werren born 28 November 1892 at Sycamore Cottage , Pump Street , North Malvern. There is a note " Birth Certificate held " which indicates that that is the origin of the date and address. Ida Reynolds is in Pump Street in 1891. The tree also states Edward Arthur Reynolds born 20 Feb 1890 in the Workhouse , Upton on Severn - again " Birth Certificate held "

Thanks CB53, another piece for the jigsaw.... I think it is likely that Edward was the son of Edwin/Ida (even though he was living with his wife Sarah at the time) as he was certainly part of the Werren family by 1901. 

Without of course knowing the ins and outs of what went on between Edwin/Sarah/Ida (although I noticed the comment that Sarah was still 'married' on the 1911 census), I can't help having a little smile at the thought that Sarah outlived Edwin, as I think he died in 1915 and she died in 1917 ;)