Author Topic: Where is Mary Elizabeth Reilly in 1939?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline NicolaasMars

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where is Mary Elizabeth Reilly in 1939?
« on: Sunday 26 June 16 13:13 BST (UK) »
Joseph Reilly (dock labourer) and Mary Catherine Ennis marry on 18 Sept 1925 in St Vincent de Pauls Church in Liverpool. Joseph is 25 years old, born on 15 Mar 1900 in Co. Laois, Ireland. He dies on 19 Apr 1977 in the Royal Southern Hospital, Liverpool. His death certificate states his usual address as 9 Greenheys Heights, Liverpool.

I have a death certificate which I strongly believe is that of Mary Catherine, although is says Mary Elizabeth (maiden name Ennis). Her date of birth on the death certificate is 21 Aug 1902, in Liverpool. Furthermore, the death certificate states that she is widow of Joseph Reilly, dock labourer.  Her usual address is given as 9 Heysmoor Heights, Liverpool.

In the 1939 Register on FindMyPast, I find Joseph Reilly, with the correct DOB, living alone, at 5 Dwerryhouse Street, Liverpool.

I seem to be unable to find Mary Elizabeth/Mary Catherine in 1939. Can anyone of you help?

Nicolaas

Offline NicolaasMars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Mary Elizabeth Reilly in 1939?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 16 13:15 BST (UK) »
Mary Elizabeth Reilly dies on 23 Jan 1982 in Liverpool. (Sorry for the omission.)

Nicolaas

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 June 16 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi NicolaasMars

We can't help with this request here at Rootschat due to the terms and conditions at FindMyPast, only make suggestions.

on reading other topics she may have been missed if she was in hospital or away from home or on holiday.

The 1939 register is one of many that were compiled for the issue of registration cards and ration books. She would have needed to be in one of them to qualify. But this is the only one online. (eg babies born after this date were recorded elsewhere)

So have you searched just by using her date of birth to see if she is elsewhere?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline NicolaasMars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 June 16 15:52 BST (UK) »
Yes, I did search using just her full date of birth, without success.

Nicolaas

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 June 16 15:59 BST (UK) »
Did they have any children, there are some possibilities on freebmd. If so have you found them in 1939
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 June 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
Yes, I did search using just her full date of birth, without success.

Nicolaas

I have found very few people with the correct year of birth,a lot know their birthday but not the year.
So if you try by her birthdate,be a bit inventive  ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NicolaasMars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 June 16 17:14 BST (UK) »
Yes, they did have a number of children. Searching for these did not help, nor did searching on Mary's day-and-month of birth (but not year) only. My tentative conclusion is that mother and children were temporarily in Ireland, but I cannot be certain.

Thanks for the help.

Nicolaas

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 June 16 18:33 BST (UK) »
Joseph Reilly (dock labourer) and Mary Catherine Ennis marry on 18 Sept 1925 in St Vincent de Pauls Church in Liverpool. Joseph is 25 years old, born on 15 Mar 1900 in Co. Laois, Ireland. He dies on 19 Apr 1977 in the Royal Southern Hospital, Liverpool. His death certificate states his usual address as 9 Greenheys Heights, Liverpool.

I have a death certificate which I strongly believe is that of Mary Catherine, although is says Mary Elizabeth (maiden name Ennis). Her date of birth on the death certificate is 21 Aug 1902, in Liverpool. Furthermore, the death certificate states that she is widow of Joseph Reilly, dock labourer.  Her usual address is given as 9 Heysmoor Heights, Liverpool.

In the 1939 Register on FindMyPast, I find Joseph Reilly, with the correct DOB, living alone, at 5 Dwerryhouse Street, Liverpool.

I seem to be unable to find Mary Elizabeth/Mary Catherine in 1939. Can anyone of you help?

Nicolaas
Are you sure that it is Dwerryhouse  Street   and not  Dwerryhouse Lane.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline NicolaasMars

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 June 16 18:42 BST (UK) »
The transcription reads "Dwerryhouse Street"; the original shows "Dwerryhouse St".

At the end of the entry is a remark in red: "REF C1 293  ER 3A". Could that be a clue?

Nicolaas