Author Topic: Margaret Ann Stephenson & Her Elusive/Mysterious First Husband!  (Read 5890 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Ann Stephenson & Her Elusive/Mysterious First Husband!
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 June 16 15:10 BST (UK) »
Possible for 1871

Northumberland Terrace, Everton

John Davies 28 porter bn Cheshire
Margret A 25 bn Seaton Northumberland

Very poor image

RG10 3816 92 14

In that case - an interesting birth: George Edwin Davies, 4q 1871, West Derby 8b 301

Hi JenB,

Many thanks for that birth index record, much appreciated & a definite possibility! The 1869 marriage at Earsdon is it seems to me becoming rather the key to this, I am therefore off to post a lookup request for this marriage!

Thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Online JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 June 16 15:11 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that birth index record, much appreciated & a definite possibility! The 1869 marriage at Earsdon is it seems to me becoming rather the key to this, I am therefore off to post a lookup request for this marriage!

Please hang fire on that - I have already sent a PM to a helpful rootschatter, referring them to this thread  ;)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 June 16 15:27 BST (UK) »

Please hang fire on that - I have already sent a PM to a helpful rootschatter, referring them to this thread  ;)

Ooops, picked up your post after I had posted the lookup ::) :-X, I did however post a link to this thread on it.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Online JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 June 16 15:28 BST (UK) »
I've suggested that replies should be posted on this one, otherwise things might get rather fragmented  :-\
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 June 16 15:33 BST (UK) »
I've suggested that replies should be posted on this one, otherwise things might get rather fragmented  :-\

Yep, saw that & agree with you, best to keep it all in one place.

My thanks for all your kind assistance, much appreciated.

Kind regards

David

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 June 16 21:02 BST (UK) »
sorry I have been out all day the records I was talking about earlier on a site
national archives may also have
his master and mates records
state born Liverpool 1844 but he works out of North Shields and Blyth
the last certificate issued was for Blyth on the 1st of Feb 1872
ships name the Radiant
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 June 16 21:09 BST (UK) »
I will be at Northumberland archives on Wednesday as usual and will happily look up the Earsdon marriage for you.

Christine

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 June 16 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Radcliff & Christine,

Radcliff, many thanks for the info re the master and mates etc records, much appreciated.

Christine, that is very kind of you & very much appreciated.

Kind regards

David

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 June 16 23:24 BST (UK) »
Good luck I hope the marriage makes things clearer for you x
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,