Author Topic: Death of Ellen J Whale Ontario  (Read 4889 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Ellen J Whale Ontario
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 July 16 01:44 BST (UK) »
Stanley Whale died at the Humber Memorial Hospital on Feb 6 1963.  He lived at 27 French Avenue, Toronto.  Husband of Gertrude McKimmie.  Father of J (Mrs R Taylor).  Grandfather of B and K.  Son of Charles Whale and brother of Horace.  Member of Fairbank Lodge A.F and A.M. and Kingsway Shrine Club.  Interment Sanctuary Park Cemetery.

Toronto Star Feb 7 1963, page 30.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 July 16 02:08 BST (UK) »
Jack Whale's obit in the Toronto Star on June 28 1991, page C8.  He died at the Humber Memorial Hospital on June 26 1991.  Husband of S.  Father of D and her husband M Bucciachia, K and J.  Son of Dorothy and the late Horace Whale.  Brother of F and his wife R.  Interment Beechwood Cemetery. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 July 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
Horace's wife Dorothy died Feb 17 1998.  Interment Prospect Cemetery

RK

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 01 July 16 02:30 BST (UK) »

Looks like Ellen's death is still to be found. I have gone to Find A Grave and checked cemeteries around York-Humber but no luck so far. Anyone found Charles Henry? Maybe RK might find them.

The last date  I found Charles and Ellen together  on  An***try Voters Lists is 1957. Living on Royal Street

Lilybell ??? ???

Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 July 16 02:44 BST (UK) »
Not seeing Charles H and Ellen yet...  will keep looking though

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 01 July 16 03:39 BST (UK) »
Charles is listed in his son's obit in 1963, but Ellen is not.  So, she died between 1957 and 1963. 

Still not seeing them :'(

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 01 July 16 10:20 BST (UK) »
Canada Voters List 1940 shows Horace Whale (Canada Packers) and Mrs Horace Whale (hairdresser) living at 54 Castleton Avenue. York. Ont.

Canada Voters List 1959 shows Horace Whale (truck driver) Mrs Dorothy Whale (hairdresser) and a Mrs K Simon (widow - listed twice  ???) all at 54 Castleton Avenue York Ont.

Canada Voters List 1958 - Horace Whale (contractor) Mrs Dorothy Whale (hairdresser) Jack Whale (hairdresser) and Mrs Kirtsia Simon

Canada Voters List 1963 -  Charles Henrey Whale (retired) Charles H Whale (unemployed) Mrs Dorothy Whale (hairdresser) Jack Whale (hairdresser)

Canada Voters List 1965/68 - Horace Whale (maintenance) Dorothy Whale (hairdresser) and Mrs Kerista Simon (widow)

Canada Voters List 1965 - Jack Whale (hairdresser) at 1 Royal Avenue

Canada Voters List 1968 - Jack Whale (hairdreser) and Sharon Whale - 1 Royal Avenue York.

Canada Voters List 1972 - Charles Whale (maintenance) Dorothy Whale and Kirastea Simon (retired)

Canada Voters List 1972  - Jack Whale (carpeting) and Sharon - 1 Royal Ave

Yes, I think that's right RK. Well done with those obits. Charles Henry Whales is with his son in 1963 - last sighting. Ellen may have passed on 1957 - 1963
1965 by the time Jack Whale moves in to 1 Royal Street which was Charles and Ellen's address.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 July 16 17:45 BST (UK) »
Thank-you so much for this information :)
I have looked at Find a Grave but no luck there in finding Ellen.
A few years ago I had the same problem with a finding an obit for someone in another branch of my tree..
She also lived in Ontario and died in 1951. Her grave was on Find a Grave.
Elizabeth J Beare Collins lived in the Kirkland Lake Timiskaming District Ontario Canada area and I think that it was possible that the those months were missingfrom the papers. Maybe that is what happened with Ellen Whale or maybe they didn't have an obit for her.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 01 July 16 18:08 BST (UK) »
Pretty sure, Run Kitty (the obituary expert) will check out Elizabeth J Beare Collins for you. RK is very generous with her time, trawling newspapers.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada