Author Topic: 1891 Census help needed with Christian name please.  (Read 1909 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 Census help needed with Christian name please.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 July 16 19:04 BST (UK) »
Glad to help!! 

I completely agree that some images are very hard to read.  A second (third, fourth....) pair of eyes is always helpful.   

Thankfully, many documents can be found on more than one site.  Some scans are better than others!!   Many Canadian records are available on the Library and Archives Canada site (Free).  There are other free sites you can check as well.   :) .   

As for this family, it seems that they like to give their children 2 names.  It makes a lot of sense that Cecil would have another name as well. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 02 July 16 19:45 BST (UK) »
Brandon Weekly Sun newspaper from July 4 1907 has short note that Mr and Mrs Richard Runnells have been visiting their son Mr Bruce Runnals.  They left for Edmonton this morning.

July 30 1908, same paper has a note about Mr Richard Runnells of Port Hope, visiting his son Bruce Runnells of 3rd Street.

Brandon Weekly Sun, Jan 16 1908, has the death of the little twin boys, John Reginald and Clarence Richard ... very sad :'(.  4 months old... bronchitis. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 July 16 19:50 BST (UK) »
Note in 1925 Brandon paper of J N Merrill selling his grocery business on 3rd street to N Bruce Runnells and company.

1928 - a note about Mrs N. Bruce Runnells, formerly of Brandon, has come to Brandon to visit, but is now going back to her home in Saskatoon. 

RK

Offline junket

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Help appreciated (SIGHT IMPAIRMENT) with image
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 03 July 16 07:57 BST (UK) »
 :-*

Thank you so much, I'm busy entering all this on my tree and busy searching and best of all finding.    :)

Have made contact with a relative of Howard, so I could be finding out more. ( They had submitted an alternative to the mis transcribed surname on a census, after his marriage ).  :)

Thanks again, I am so very grateful for your help and the time you have spent helping.

( So sad about the twins, all death is sad, but when it's children, it tugs my heartstrings. )

Paternal line, ALL CORNISH ...
AUGER, BALL, BRAY, BROAD, COLMAN, COON, EDE, GLASSON, HICKS, INCH, LEMIN, RUNNALLS, PEARCE, PRATER, PROUT, TRUDGIAN, TREVAINS, VIVIAN, WELLINGTON, YELLAND

Offline junket

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 July 16 11:51 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Found this .....

Name:
Wilford Cecil Russells

Date of Birth:
Sep 1889

Birth Place:
Durham, Ontario, Canada

Father's name:
Richard Russells

Mother's name:
Betsy Greenaway
AUGER, BALL, BRAY, BROAD, COLMAN, COON, EDE, GLASSON, HICKS, INCH, LEMIN, RUNNALLS, PEARCE, PRATER, PROUT, TRUDGIAN, TREVAINS, VIVIAN, WELLINGTON, YELLAND

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 03 July 16 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just looking at the 1921 census image for Victor and family - in Edmonton.  A..y has mistranscribed this as Buemda.  Not surprising... the writing is pretty awful :).  Someone has submitted "Runnells" as a name correction.   Not sure if it is the person you are already in contact with.  If not... this is another avenue to pursue. 

Victor 37
Mabel 33
Harry 9
Ferris age scratched out
Gordon  age scratched out
Roy 4

kids all born in Alberta.

RK

Offline junket

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 July 16 20:33 BST (UK) »
 :)

Hi RK.

No, I haven't followed up on Victor yet.

I got carried away, with Betsy Greenaway and her roots.

Father Nathaniel, mother a Pethick.

Found Pethicks emigrated to Huron too.

Also some of my Inches emigrated there too and an Inch marries a Runnalls in Ontario.

I will go and look at Victor.  Thank you. :-*

:)  Yes, it is, have had a reply and waiting to hear back again.

AND I forgot to say, I googled Brandon Weekly Sun and found the pages for the newspapers.  I had a quick look through some of them, but need OH's help with the headlines, but found the advertisements interesting too.  Bookmarked that link and sent the link to my OH, for future reading.