Author Topic: 1841 request for Chester, please  (Read 856 times)

Offline ozwendy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841 request for Chester, please
« on: Friday 22 July 05 01:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for the following people in 1841:

George Thomas, b:1820 in Chester, Cheshire a tobacconist
and his wife
Hannah Thomas (nee:Jones) b:1821 in hawarden, Flintshire.

They were married in Chester, St Oswald in 1939.

Any information appreciated :)

Cheers
Wendy
Faricy -  Lancs.
Faricy, Gardner, Jones, Aldred, Battersby, Calland, Webb, Jones,Evans - Hindley, Lancs
Coleman, Price, Taylor, Ryan, Joyce, Barrett, Astin - Oldham/Failsworth, Lancs
Gardner, Evans, Jones, Williams,Sambrook, Davies,Wardman,Ellis  - Montgomeryshire/Worthern,Salop
Price, Thomas, Jones - Chester/Flint
Jones,Webb,Griffiths,Bagshaw,Bowen,Richards, - Dawley/Wellington,Salop
Faricy - Waterford/Cork - Ireland
Faricy, Robles - Austalia

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 request for Chester, please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 July 05 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy

From subsequent census years I see that they are a well traveled family having some children in Huddersfield 1846-1852 do you have the 1851 census? it may show other children and where they were born, as you may know the 1841 is not generally name indexed and needs to be searched page by page so it would help to know they were definitely in Chester.

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline ozwendy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 request for Chester, please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 July 05 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply :)

My problem is that I know they were married in Chester in 1839 and that their eldest child I can find was born in Huddersfield in 1846. After Huddersfield they went to Liverpool and back to chester, he was a tobbacconist and maybe that caused them to move, but i have know other way of finding out were they were in 1841 than through the census.

I have no way of knowing when they moved. I would just assume that there is more chance of them being in Chester as they were there just over a year before. I'd like to find them in the census as because I'm overseas that is one of my main sources of information.

Cheers
Wendy
Faricy -  Lancs.
Faricy, Gardner, Jones, Aldred, Battersby, Calland, Webb, Jones,Evans - Hindley, Lancs
Coleman, Price, Taylor, Ryan, Joyce, Barrett, Astin - Oldham/Failsworth, Lancs
Gardner, Evans, Jones, Williams,Sambrook, Davies,Wardman,Ellis  - Montgomeryshire/Worthern,Salop
Price, Thomas, Jones - Chester/Flint
Jones,Webb,Griffiths,Bagshaw,Bowen,Richards, - Dawley/Wellington,Salop
Faricy - Waterford/Cork - Ireland
Faricy, Robles - Austalia