Author Topic: 1861 Leicester census - Dudley's  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Mike from Leicester

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • " THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. SOMEWHERE"
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Leicester census - Dudley's
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 18:39 BST (UK) »
Greeting's Again Shane. . . .

This is all I can find with the resources I have to hand.
Some maybe repeats . .sorry
You said how sad about the unconsecrated Ground ?
I take this to mean you don't think you would find the site of the grave ?
I understand that there is a very good " Friends of Welford Road Society " Who through they records are only to pleased to help out.

St. Nicolas Church.
DUDLEY   FRANCES   09   JUN   1822   3

St. Martin’s Church.
DUDLEY   MARY      FEB   1823   68

St. Mary’s de Castro. Church.
DUDLEY   SAMUEL   25   JUL   1850   65
DUDLEY   SARAH   27   MAR   1839   55
DUDLEY   WILLIAM   13   APR   1828   INF

Oh. . .  Will it help if I tell you there are only 22 Dudley's within the whole of the County in the Telephone Directory ?

MIKE.
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Researching :-

Isle of Wight.          Oxfordshire / Warwickshire.

Cassell.                   Powers. 
Draper.                   Hirons.
Combs.                   Botts.
Stallard.                 Hall.

Offline AndreaM

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Leicester census - Dudley's
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 August 13 00:07 BST (UK) »
I have been researching my grandfathers genealogy (he was adopted) and came across your posts... I have no money and live in the U.S. so my options are limited, but I thought I'd share with you what I have so far.  Perhaps we are related somehow?  I began with my grandfather's birth parents names and have worked my way back so far to Henry Dudley, the same one you have referred to several times, I haven't gone past him yet as I've just started and as I said am quite limited.  I know that there are several other people involved but I was just focusing on my grandfather and his birth parents, grand parents, great grandparents, etc. so I have no clue about anyone else in the family. 

My grandfather, William Robert, was born on October 18th, 1925 in Wellington, NZ to Edward George Dudley (1898-1949)(Birth Registration # 1890/980 & Death Registration # 1949/27369 Died at age 50)(Wanganui, NZ) and Elsie May (Aldin) (Born 1902)(Birth Registration # 1902/7308 & could not find Death Info.)(Napier, NZ), (married in 1920 Registration # 1920/8477) and was given up for adoption and adopted by the Martin family. A record of his birth cannot be found through the website below, but I do have a certified copy of it.

Edward George Dudley's parents were Thomas Edward Dudley (1875-1941)(Birth Registration # 1875/10545 & Death Registration # 1941/22462 Died at age 66) and Ethel (?).

Thomas Edward Dudley's parents were Henry Dudley (1834-1913)(Death Registration # 1913/9130, died at age 79, the Birth Record was not available as the website only provides from 1840 on, but counting back he would've been born 1834) and Mary Ann (?).  I could not find any information about the wives of any because I don't have their maiden names.  I tried looking up with the Dudley last name but couldn't find any info. on.)

I gathered the above information from this website:  https://bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search/

As far as I can tell, you can order the documents for further information, but at this time I'm unable to do so.  So technically, my last name would have been Dudley instead of Martin if he hadn't been adopted...  I'm the first in the family to research this thanks to the internet, so I'm curious to see if any of this is relevant to you and if the information is related.