Author Topic: 1911 Census Help needed please.  (Read 1493 times)

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Census Help needed please.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 July 16 03:39 BST (UK) »
Ogle Reginald Allen's obituary says he was the son of the late James and Jennie Allen.  Father of A.D. Allen (daughter) and W.E. Allen (son).  I won't put their full names, as Ogle was married in 1922 and the children may well be alive :).  Brother of Beatrice Clarke and Samuel J.  Not sure how Beatrice fits in?? 

RK

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 July 16 03:51 BST (UK) »
Sarah Elizabeth Allen Wallace's obituary lists her husband, J M Wallace (only initials used here, but you have his full name), children J and I (daughters) and J (son).  Names are given but I will post initials in case they are still living.  No mention of Sarah's siblings

Sarah died in Oakville, at her home on Lake Shore East.

RK

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 July 16 04:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The death date for Ann Jane Coleman Allen on the tombstone is not correct.  I found her obituary in the Globe and Mail, Oct 29 1938, page 22.  It says she died on Oct 27 1938 at her home, 322 Dundas East.  Wife of the late James Coleman.  In her 84th year.

Her obit and James's obit each request that Creemore papers copy the announcements.

RK

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 July 16 04:28 BST (UK) »
Ogle Reginald Allen's obituary says he was the son of the late James and Jennie Allen.  Father of A.D. Allen (daughter) and W.E. Allen (son).  I won't put their full names, as Ogle was married in 1922 and the children may well be alive :).  Brother of Beatrice Clarke and Samuel J.  Not sure how Beatrice fits in?? 

RK

Beatrice is Annie Beatrice ... the Annie, age 27, on the 1911 census.  Found her birth record on familysearch. 

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F22T-G68

RK

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 July 16 04:44 BST (UK) »
A. Beatrice Allen died on Nov 21, 1963 at her home 76 Hillsdale Avenue W.  Wife of the late Eric Jones Clarke.  Sister of Samuel Allen.  Interment Park Lawn Cemetery.

Toronto Star, Nov 23, 1963, page 44.

RK

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 July 16 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Samuel James Allen of 76 Hillsdale Avenue West, died on Oct 16 1968 at St. Michaels Hospital, Toronto.  Husband of Cora Larson.  Father of L (Mrs L Gatten) of Don Mills (this is an area in north Toronto), and the late Shirley (Mrs W Faulkner)..(name same as the author :) ).  Grandfather of S and K.  Interment Park Lawn Cemetery. 

Globe and Mail, 17 Oct 1968, page 49.

I see that Samuel James was married to Florence Olive Inch in 1922.  When he died in 1968, he was married to Cora Larson.

RK

Daughter L is Lois Gatten... she died in 2008.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?n=lois-gatten&pid=125193169

Offline junket

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Help appreciated (SIGHT IMPAIRMENT) with image
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 July 16 08:00 BST (UK) »
 :)

Thank you RK.

Will get OH to find it all for me, when,  UEFA Euro 2016 finishes ( Final Sun. night ).

Have heard back from the other family researcher and she is keen to correspond, so hopefully will possibly be able to fill in gaps.
Paternal line, ALL CORNISH ...
AUGER, BALL, BRAY, BROAD, COLMAN, COON, EDE, GLASSON, HICKS, INCH, LEMIN, RUNNALLS, PEARCE, PRATER, PROUT, TRUDGIAN, TREVAINS, VIVIAN, WELLINGTON, YELLAND

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 07 July 16 09:32 BST (UK) »
Attestation Papers for Samuel James Allen - 1/7/1896 - full military file (download the pdf format on the right hand side - 13 pages - sometimes takes a few minutes.)
322 Dundas Street - E Toronto - Ontario

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/first-world-war-1914-1918-cef/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=6237

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 07 July 16 09:45 BST (UK) »
Canada, Imperial War Service Gratuities, 1919-1921 - Ogle Reginald Allen - Registration Date 19 October 1920 -    Second Lieutenant - Royal Air Force - Regimental Number 44507

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada