Author Topic: Evening Sentinel  (Read 743 times)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Evening Sentinel
« on: Friday 08 July 16 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi all,does anyone happen to have a subscription for The British Newspaper Archive?

I'm looking for my Grand father John Scalley who was something to do with The Royal Infirmary in Stoke on Trent....This may be him ..

http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/search/results/1900-01-01/1949-12-31?newspapertitle=staffordshire%20sentinel&basicsearch=%20scalley&exactsearch=false
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Sentinel
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 July 16 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
It has nothing to do with the hospital J Scalley is attending a postman's dinner and proposes a toast of Good Health to the Postman General.
I think I can say that because it doesn't seem to be the one your after.
Well not unless your John Scalley was a postman!

The other John Scalley on the index is a labourer from Lower Street charged with disorderly conduct and other worse offenses .Let's hope he's not yours either.

Ciderdrinker

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Sentinel
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 July 16 13:00 BST (UK) »
Ah thank you so much Ciderdrinker....The first one is him.He was a Postman :)

I was of the understanding he had something to do with the Hospital around here,maybe the board of governors or something...

Thanks again,I appreciate you looking him up :)
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />