Author Topic: Suggestion for "Using This Board"  (Read 402 times)

Offline bugbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Suggestion for "Using This Board"
« on: Sunday 10 July 16 16:26 BST (UK) »
Quite often, the key to deciphering a particular fragment actually lies elsewhere on the page, or elsewhere in the book.

I understand that for perfectly good copyright reasons, the OP cannot post extended pieces of the original.

However, if the OP could cite the original source (either in a formal genealogical way, or with a simple link) it would greatly help other contributors to the thread find the "context" and help more easily, if they happen to have a relevant subscription.

If my idea is agreed upon, perhaps it could be added to the  "Using This Board" post.

BugBear
BICE Middlesex
WOMACK Norfolk/Suffolk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for "Using This Board"
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 July 16 16:48 BST (UK) »
Good idea, BugBear, I'd support that.

And a related thought: sometimes a deciphering exercise is connected to other queries on RootsChat by the same OP, but many of us may be unaware of them. As these other threads can help to provide a context and often useful clues, could posters be asked to tell us about them where relevant, please?

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk