Author Topic: 1700s Birstal request - WORMALD  (Read 1006 times)

Offline casliber

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1700s Birstal request - WORMALD
« on: Friday 22 July 05 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have an Abraham WORMALD who would have been born in 1780-1-2 in Drighlington/Adwalton in Birstal Parish. I am hoping this is recorded in the Birstal fiche mentioned. He was a Stonemason later and lived at Spring Gardens (a street).

He was married to a Betty Wilson 30 September 1804 in Birstal Parish. To date I haven't gotten the original OPRs. Any extra info appreciated
cheers
Cas Liber, Sydney

Aberdeenshire: Nelson, Middleton, Dow, McLennan, Hendry
Ross & Cromarty: McLennan, Macaulay
Midlothian: Nelson, Lumsden
Berwickshire: Lumsden, Melrose
Stirlingshire: Dick
West Lothian/Lanark: Wark
West Yorkshire: Wormald, Cooper, Snowden, Sykes (all Drighlington/Adwalton), Thackeray (Tong)
Warwickshire: Payne (Coleshill/Solihull), Forshaw (Coleshill), Drakeford (Coleshill)
Somerset: Quartley
NZ: Thompson (Dunedin)
also Poland, Belarus, Romania

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: 1700s Birstal request - WORMALD
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 May 06 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Cas

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one.  I am doing a bit of housekeeping work on this board and wondered if you have made any progress, or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

If you are no longer looking for this information please let me know and I will then move it to the completed section.  Thanks.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casliber

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1700s Birstal request - WORMALD
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 May 06 00:04 BST (UK) »
No - I haven't made progress here. I have a film of MIs of Drighlington awaiting me at the local LDS which I am trying to make time to go and check.

This Abraham WORMALD is the end of the line backwards. I know that he and his son lived in Spring Gardens (a little street in Drighlington) and they were masons. Unfortunately that is about it at the moment.

(hopefully I can add something after lookng at MIs..)
cheers
Cas
Aberdeenshire: Nelson, Middleton, Dow, McLennan, Hendry
Ross & Cromarty: McLennan, Macaulay
Midlothian: Nelson, Lumsden
Berwickshire: Lumsden, Melrose
Stirlingshire: Dick
West Lothian/Lanark: Wark
West Yorkshire: Wormald, Cooper, Snowden, Sykes (all Drighlington/Adwalton), Thackeray (Tong)
Warwickshire: Payne (Coleshill/Solihull), Forshaw (Coleshill), Drakeford (Coleshill)
Somerset: Quartley
NZ: Thompson (Dunedin)
also Poland, Belarus, Romania