Author Topic: McKeddie  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: McKeddie
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 14:31 BST (UK) »
William David has a military record which contains a copy of his British marriage certificate.

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Melissa Hazell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone thank you all so much for your help, like i said i dont have much information i was just passed on what information i have by a family member and they dont seem to have much. and bu going by the McKeddie family tree that i have there are lots of Davids and William (most of been something about these names). i thank everyone for there help and i will be looking into it all. i do know that Thomas McKeddie married Ann McCraw dont know any more information about them other then they had a child John McKeddie was born 15th May 1758 in Resolis, Ross and Cromarty.

Offline Melissa Hazell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 15:09 BST (UK) »
Where were they born?
Country, county, town, parish?

i have some family members born in Resolis, Ross and Cromarty, some in Rosemarkie, Fodderty and Australia

Offline Melissa Hazell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 15:12 BST (UK) »
What information do you need/want Melissa?

Many of us on the AUS board have resources but you need to be more specific with your request  :)

im after any information i can get and doctmes,
like full names, birth dates, places they born, married information, children information, where they died and date, where they born.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 16:13 BST (UK) »
Melissa, I think what you need to do is list who you know was in Victoria.

The other folk you can post questions on the relevant Scottish boards.

Do you know the year the first McKeddie came to Australia? Was it the one who married in NSW.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Melissa Hazell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 16:14 BST (UK) »
ok ive tryed to upload the information i have but i cant so guess ill have to type it out.

Thomas Mckeddie married Ann McCraw child was John Mckeddie born 15th May 1758, he married Christian Arid born 17th Feb 1755 they had the fellowing children Geogre 20/5/1786, John 20/7/1787, James 26/5/1795 and David 15/9/1797 they were all born in Fortrose, Ross and Cromarty.
Thats all i have on them

David Mckeddie 15/9/1797 married Sophia McKenzie in 1825 at rewfrew they had the fellowing children in Rosemarkie Ross and Cromarty George 6/1/1826, John 11/3/1827, Christian 6/2/1829, William 26/12/1830 died 11/8/1872, David 24/12/1832, Isabella 7/2/1835, Donald 24/5/1840, Barbara 4/4/1837, Sophia 16/3/1842 and Alexander 8/7/1850

thats all i have on this information, if any one has any more information then this i would so love a copy of what you have.

Offline Melissa Hazell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 16:18 BST (UK) »
Melissa, I think what you need to do is list who you know was in Victoria.

The other folk you can post questions on the relevant Scottish boards.

Do you know the year the first McKeddie came to Australia? Was it the one who married in NSW.

Jamjar

Jamjar the first McKeddie i have that came to Australia is William John Mckeddie and Hellen (Ellen) Robertson they migrated to Australia on an unassisted passage arriving in Melbourne in November 1859.

Also how do i post on the Scottish boards? Sorry im new at this online stuff

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 18:54 BST (UK) »
im after any information i can get and doctmes,
like full names, birth dates, places they born, married information, children information, where they died and date, where they born.

If you require copies of BDM certificates then you will need to purchase them from the State in which they were registered.

VIC: https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/indexsearch.doj
NSW: https://familyhistory.bdm.nsw.gov.au/

NSW also has Transcription Agents: http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
Also how do i post on the Scottish boards? Sorry im new at this online stuff

Here is the link to the Scotland Boards:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/scotland/