Author Topic: Jane Pitt (Porter) Died 1902 Longford Tasmania Death certificate/records  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Aaron Pitt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi All
I would really appreciate some help on finding a death certificate for Jane Pitt (Porter).
She is buried at the old Longford Christ Church (Longford) Pioneer Lot rg Row 43with her husband Thomas Pitt, I have her Birth (1831) and Marriage(1848) certificates/records.
While Im here I am also after the a records of marriage and death for her mother Elizabeth Murphy(b:1804 D: circa 1847-1854)to her first husband Alexander Mckenzie (b:1771 D:1819) They married in Launcestaun Tasmania and the only note I have is a small notice in the "Hobart Gazette" that they married she was 14 he was 48.
Elizabeth Murphy married 3 times Alexander Mckenzie 1818, John William Porter 1822 and William Hughes in 1837. Not much comes up about MAry Hughes if I search, but I have found some information she might have moved to South Australia.
Elizabeth Murphy is the daughter of Michael Murphy a first fleeter and Marine who sailed on the HMS Sirius 1788.
Any help would be great and any info needed by anyone I will happily supply.
thanks
Ackers, Adams, Anderson, Atkinson, Baker, Caffrey, Campbell, Cheek, Chilcott, Colwill, Dinan, Dornan, Farckens, Frohwirt, Hanrahan, Harding, Kingston, Lee, Livock, Macnamara, Marheine, Maroney, Massey, Mcnally, Mcquaide, Morrish, Moth, Murphy, Oaten, Pellet, Pitt, Porter, Rice, Rose, Schafer, Smart, Strout, Whitford, Wood, Wing, Wright

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Pitt (Porter) Died 1902 Longford Tasmania Death certificate/records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 July 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hello
Not my area of expertise so forgive me.
There is a death for her first husband Sandy Mackenzie Lauceston 8 Dec 1819 reg 364.There are colonial papers saying he was formerly of the 73rd Regiment living in 1816 at Port Dalrymple and awaiting a grant of land in Van Diemans Land which he recieves c 1819.
The 1819 Population muster for Port Dalrymple  gives the Murphy family
Eleanor Murphy 17
Jane 9
Elizabeth 15
Michael  7
Maria 5

She went on to marry John Porter 4 Feb 1822 at Launceston reg 587.It looks like John was born in Sydney s of Samuel Porter and Mary Giles in 1802 V18021109 IA.And he died in Launceston 24 June 1836  4611
There is a marriage Elizabeth Porter and William Hughes 26 Apr 1837 at Launceston Tasmania   3845
Possible death for him 14 Dec 1846 New Norfolk reg 622

There is  possible births for Elizabeth Murphy -1811 Lauceston 205 and a death Hobart Elizabeth Hughes age 50  11.5.1864 reg 4442 but that really doesn't fit with her age in 1816.The death in Adelaide for Elizabeth Hughes 18 June 1854 age 55 page 69 vol 3 does look a better fit.

Sister Maria Murphy married Samuel Feutrill at Launceston 21.6.1830 reg 1469 and died 22.2.1834 there reg  3680 mother's maiden name Samuel

Brother Michael seems to marry a Sarah Baker at Launceston 22.6.1836 reg 3410
Ellen Murphy perhaps married Charles Lucas 27 Jan 1820 Launceston Charles Lucas 431
Her death as Ellinor Lucas at Tarraville Victoria in 1881 age 78 9068 gives her parents as Michael Murphy and Anne Williams.(which contradicts the surname for Maria)Again her husband Charles is at fort Dalyrymple in 1819.

Will see what else I can find

Forgot Jane Pitt buried 26.8.1902 at Longford age 72 registration 0329

Ciderdrinker

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 July 16 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
It seems Michael Murphy married Hannah Williams at Launceston St John 10 Mar 1811 reg 83 and Hannah's 4 daughters were baptised there on the same day with Michael as father.
There's a Mary Murphy d of Murphy and Hannah Sydney 1802 reg V18021365 IA but I can't see Elizabeth.
And it seems there is another death Elizabeth Hughes 25 Dec 1847 age 45 in Launceston reg 896.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Aaron Pitt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 July 16 12:31 BST (UK) »
hi
Thanks so much, I have some of the info that you have given but not so much detail. I info I have includes where each person was born, married and died from tomb stones and newspaper articles,but  there dosnt seem to be written proof in any parish records.
Elizabeth Murphy really is of great interest because her marriage record to John Porter reads her name as "Elizabeth Mckenzie" but I know she is a Murphy from a early marriage notice and other info from the web. I know also her father was a first fleeter and I need the proof of name change to Mckenzie when married to show the link to a first fleeter. Silly I know but it does tie up loose ends for this section of family.
thanks Azabeer
Ackers, Adams, Anderson, Atkinson, Baker, Caffrey, Campbell, Cheek, Chilcott, Colwill, Dinan, Dornan, Farckens, Frohwirt, Hanrahan, Harding, Kingston, Lee, Livock, Macnamara, Marheine, Maroney, Massey, Mcnally, Mcquaide, Morrish, Moth, Murphy, Oaten, Pellet, Pitt, Porter, Rice, Rose, Schafer, Smart, Strout, Whitford, Wood, Wing, Wright

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 July 16 12:48 BST (UK) »
Not found the marriage but if you have access to ancestry there is the Jeffreys of Myddfai tree with photos of some of the family you may want to take a look at.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Aaron Pitt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 July 16 15:07 BST (UK) »
No I don't have access to that site, maybe in the future when I have a few others to look up.
Thanks for your help

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 July 16 13:07 BST (UK) »
Why are you repeating the same post twice ???

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=752108.0

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 July 16 01:40 BST (UK) »
I am unsure of which thread to post the following on, so I will post it twice.

It is about Elizabeth MURPHEY, and her baptism back in 1814.   

I understand that Ancestry has uploaded parish baptism records for St John’s C of E, Parramatta, New South Wales.

Elizabeth, daughter of Michael MURPHEY and Eleanor LANLOUGH, of Parramatta was baptised 25 September 1814, St John’s C of E, Parramatta by Rev Samuel Marsden.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTZ1-BL6  (Eleanor as Lawler)
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTXS-9T5 (Eleanor as Lawler)

And the baptism is also indexed at NSW BDM, where the current search engine there includes the following notation:   
Please note that the year selected is prior to the availability of official NSW BDM records. Results from this period may be from early Church records and may be Baptism (or Burial) details.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.