Author Topic: Albert John Beach 1874 ?  (Read 5343 times)

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Albert John Beach 1874 ?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 July 05 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Rhys - Alberts father Benjamin, I think, may turn out to be my GG Granfathers brother, he was born Dixton which is on the edge of Monmouth (Town)  He married  Elizabeth Partridge, I know one son became a police man in somewhere like Blaina, and another became a policeman in the MET. (Kent)  I'll put together more info, Cheers Fred Beach

Offline raygriffiths139

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 July 05 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots,

Your research (below) is spot on,

RG13/4926   20   7

BEACH Albert H M 27 - woodcutter - Monmouth
BEACH Rhoda W M 26 - Trelleck
BEACH Arthur son 1 - ditto
BEACH Grace dau 4 - ditto

In Trelleck

I have the marriage cert for Arthur John Ambrose Beach age 27 and Madeline Lent age 20 in 1926 at Bridgend, Glamorgan and it shows his Father is Albert and a woodcutter.

Ray

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 July 05 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hurray!  ;D

Thanks for the feedback Ray - good luck with the rest of your research.

give me a shout if I can help!

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline raygriffiths139

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 July 05 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Arranroots,

Did you read the message from Ryhs where he says :-There is a birth for John Beach  June 1873 Monmouth 11a 39, I obtained this certificate some time back but for some reason I dismissed it and I can't remember why.  It says John,   Mother Ellen Beach but again the space for the Fathers name is blank.   Another message sent in by Tati also interested me,(below)

1881:
RG11/5228
Folio 81 p. 27
Fanny Hicks, head, mar, 44, Sewing Machinist
John Hicks, son, 8, scholar
William (B?)olton, lodger, unm, 21, General Labourer
Ellen do., lodger, unm, 28, General servant unemployed
John Beach, boarder, 8, scholar, b. Monmouth
George Hawkins, boarder, unm, 28, General Labourer

The name above John Beach is Ellen Bolton, could this be just a coincidence, I would appreciate your opinion.

Ray

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 July 05 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Ray

I see what you are getting at!  I will have another look at Ellen and see if we can find out anything about her, where she is born and what her relationship to William might be.

Could be that John is her illegitimate son, but it is strange that he is a boarder, while she is a lodger.  Unless the landlady looked after him while his mother worked.

I'll get back to you anyway

Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 July 05 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray,

In 1871 searching for an Ellen born Dixton (I think that's what it says as birthplace for Ellen in 1881), this is what I find:

RG10/5304
Folio 4 p. 2
St Mary, Monmouthshire
Obviously at the workhouse:

Ellen Beach, 20, unm, inmate, Domestic Servant, b. Dicton Monmouthshire
John Beach, 1, inmate, b. Union Workhouse Mon

And no Ellen Bolton in sight!

Tanja   
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 July 05 17:11 BST (UK) »
Also, very sorry for confusing you, they are all down as boarders!

Tanja  :)

"My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 July 05 17:17 BST (UK) »
This Ellen can also be found at home with her parents in 1861, one of her siblings is a john.

No sign of a marriage for Ellen BOLTON or BEACH in Monmouth or vicinity.

Looks like your illegitimacy theory may be correct.

RG9/3988   38   9

BEACH Benjamin H M - wood ?cutter - Mon ??
BEACH Sushanah W M 50 - ditto wife - ditto
BEACH John son U 19 - ag lab - Dixton
BEACH Ellen dau 14 - scholar - ditto
BEACH Samuel son 12 - ditto - ditto
BEACH Edwin son 10 - ditto - ditto

;)

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 July 05 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hello All - Who is it that has the Beach connection, and where are you now? Pretty well all Beach's born in and around Monmouth seem to have a connection to Dixton, the problem we have is that each generation used the same names, so you will have several Johns, there are two born close together in the Buckholt around 1841, one became a builder and later took his family to Australia, and there is a Ellen Beach born 1880 again in the Buckholt, the daughter of John and Mary Ann, the Buckholt baptisms were at Dixton church.
Up at Trelleck they go back to around 1800, but again there is still the link to Dixton.  John beach born Trelleck 1843 son of John and Harriet, John juniors son was Frederick E  born Dixton 1866, this family went on to farm at St Briavels on the other side of the Wye.   Here are some more Trelleck details
1808 - William Young Beach bap, no parents recorded, probably illigitimate, but the Young may point to the father being one of the Young family in the area.
1815 - Eliza Beach bap 16th July Trelleck daughter of John and Sarah Beach of The Narth, they have another daughter 1820 - Mary Beach bap 15th Jan
1820 - Edward Beach bap 16th July Trelleck, son of Benjamin and Anne Beach of "Wain-y Parc, The Narth (Ben is a coal carrier)
1841 - Herbert Beach bap 24th June Trelleck son of John and Harriet, then the son I mentioned above
1843 - John Beach bap 17th Nov Trelleck, then a daughter
1847 - Emma Beach bap 11th April Trelleck, and another son
1849 - George Beach bap 1st April.
Amongst all the births I can only find two Alberts, the son of Benjamin at Coed-y-fedw cottage near Dingestow born 1872, and the other Alberts birth is registered in the April qtr 1875 Pontypridd.  In 1901 the Albert born 1872 is in a Metropolitan Police College in Sheerness in Kent.
I have a lot of info, but I am following my own direct links, putting the rest into families would be a hard task.
Fanny Hicks was born Whitchurch? where there are links to the local Beach family, 8 year old John was probably there to be near the school, it's a fair walk for an 8 year old from the Buckholt, there is a Susan Beach born Whitchurch a few streets away with her grandchild also Susan Beach.
Nice to see some Beach interest

Cheers Fred Beach (Monmouth)