Author Topic: Where does the Steele family go after 1901?  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Where does the Steele family go after 1901?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 April 24 17:08 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat :)

Unless you think your family is connected to the one already being discussed you don't need to attach it to an existing thread and wonder if it's still active. You could have started a new thread specific to your Steeles.

When and where was your great-grandfather born? Have to seen his birth certificate? What, if anything, does it tell you about Mary Steele?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline SianSian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where does the Steele family go after 1901?
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 April 24 20:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat :)

Unless you think your family is connected to the one already being discussed you don't need to attach it to an existing thread and wonder if it's still active. You could have started a new thread specific to your Steeles.

When and where was your great-grandfather born? Have to seen his birth certificate? What, if anything, does it tell you about Mary Steele?

I wouldn't have responded to the thread if I didn't think that they were potentially connected. Your message has come across as quite abrupt and standoffish and I'm not sure why?

My Nana is still alive, she knows who her Grandparents were, I had the privilege of meeting my great Grandfather, yes his mother was Mary Steele.