Author Topic: William Williams death in Aberllefari Slate Quarry abt. 1895  (Read 8636 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Williams death in Aberllefari Slate Quarry abt. 1895
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 17 September 16 09:25 BST (UK) »
If you look for later data on  the Mabel Lloyd(with Grace in the 1901 census),you may find her with her father and Thomas Hughes.

Regards
Roger

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 17 September 16 10:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger.
Looks as if Thomas Hughes (still married) and David Lloyd (previously given as a farmer) may have had to move to find work in the mines.

There is something I need to know about handling data from the 1911 census. It is obviously sensitive - can someone please explain the rules to me.
Ian
O'Connell, Frost, Marshall, Jones

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 17 September 16 13:04 BST (UK) »
Because of copyright issues,part of Rootschat Terms and Conditions prohibits requesting  or providing 1911 census look-ups in the form of images or transcriptions.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 17 September 16 22:13 BST (UK) »
There is a record of a child,Mary I(ris) Hughes,mother's maiden name Lloyd,who was born and died in 1912.Pennal District.Though Thomas is working away in 1911 it could be their child and might fit with the fertility history(?).

Regards
Roger

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 18 September 16 00:37 BST (UK) »
That looks highly likely given Mary Elizabeth's location in Pennal district for the 1911 census.
Given Thomas was a boarder with her brother it wouldn't be surprising that they were still a couple.
However, I thought 1911 census was taken in spring 1911 so fertility info from that predates this birth and death - so this would be a third child that died wouldn't it?
I think the other two must be amongst that list you compiled some time ago.
regards Ian

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 19 September 16 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget
I am following up on the Mary Lloyd/William Williams marriage DOL/12/E117 you identified in the North wales BMD - it seems to be the only way I can find his parents. I am requesting the certificate from the Gwynedd Registry.
Can I be sure this is not the same marriage as the 1894 Dolgelly S 11b 630 which I erroneously thought was my William Williams and Mary Lloyd? I suppose I'm asking if there is a Gwynedd local reference for the 1894 11B 630 so I can check this is a different marriage
regards Ian

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 19 September 16 19:54 BST (UK) »
I think the two references are for the same marriage and that one for Mary Elizabeth Lloyd and William Williams is not to be found(?)
Just to clear up a previous point I have quoted at different times two possible candidates for William with very similar references viz.

RG12 4641/55/1 -this is the Aberllefeny(sic) Farm one,which has been dismissed as found again in
                          1901 and the subject of the certificate you have,

RG12 4641/85/1- this is the son of Margaret Williams at Beaumaris Terrace(widowed in 1881/1891)
                          He seems to be the best remaining candidate(?)

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 19 September 16 23:23 BST (UK) »
Perhaps it would be useful to get William William's death certificate.The one newspaper snippet had words to the effect..."he was conveyed home but died".The address and/or informant may then give  the vital clue.No guarantees though....

I think the appropriate references are:-

1894  DOLD2/12/E395    (NorthWalesBMD)

1894 Dolgelly 11b 221

Please double check if you decide to proceed.

Regards
Roger

Added - Forget the above - of course having just married the address will be Brynllwyd Farm as per Gadget's snippet,and not his bachelor address.

Offline ianocon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 20 September 16 06:05 BST (UK) »
Yes, I've looked at the Margaret, Beaumaris Terrace family from 1861 to 1911 with John the husband in case there might have been clues. Perhaps not surprisingly none found. So can't rule that family in or out.
As you say the death cert would almost certainly give B. Farm address and Mary Elizabeth's name but I think I should get it anyway - there seems to be no other possibility of finding his family - unless - just a thought - if there was a funeral/burial service where might that have been reported? People attending the funeral would surely have included his mother and siblings.
I'm going to check with cousins to see if there is a family burial place - I know his son is buried in Corris somewhere, so it is worth checking that.
This seems to be a case of diminishing possibilities to trace the family!
Thanks for your help
Ian