Author Topic: Unknown family  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown family
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 August 16 23:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Scouseboy, that's given me a bit of an idea.

Thanks to all who have made suggestions.

Bee
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 20 August 16 20:44 BST (UK) »
I have watched "Dads Army"    again tonight.     Just one more thought,  could your photograph  have been reverse printed?   in other words,  have they printed from the negative   in reverse of what it should have been.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 20 August 16 21:01 BST (UK) »
I have watched "Dads Army"    again tonight.     Just one more thought,  could your photograph  have been reverse printed?   in other words,  have they printed from the negative   in reverse of what it should have been.

No way of knowing.
All I know/assume is that the photo was sent by someone called Ruth to someone in my OH's family tree. I still haven't traced anyone called Ruth and I'm assuming (I know I shouldn't) that the people are relatives but I suppose they could just be friends

Thanks for your interest and help

Bee
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 20 August 16 21:07 BST (UK) »
.................................................... Just one more thought,  could your photograph  have been reverse printed?   in other words,  have they printed from the negative   in reverse of what it should have been.

I don't think so, the buttons on the tunics appear to be on the correct side for fastening.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 20 August 16 21:09 BST (UK) »
.................................................... Just one more thought,  could your photograph  have been reverse printed?   in other words,  have they printed from the negative   in reverse of what it should have been.
Thank you for that.   I was just  "brain storming"

I don't think so, the buttons on the tunics appear to be on the correct side for fastening.

Frank.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Meelystar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 27 August 16 23:29 BST (UK) »
Looks like a Mother with her four children to me, they all bare a resemblance. I think the the man at the end could be the Father or alternatively given his position just an older husband of the daughter. I also think it could be friends just as easily as family.