Author Topic: Risley Lane, Breaston in Censuses?  (Read 667 times)

Offline happydays347

• :
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Risley Lane, Breaston in Censuses?
« on: Friday 12 August 16 09:35 BST (UK) »
I'm currently researching Risley Lane in Breaston. Unfortunately, I don't have access to old maps of the lane, so I am unable to find out the name of it in the Census Records, if they even have the address listed.

Of particular interest, is the Rectory still situated on the lane. I'm trying to find out who lived there and when it was built. "As there was no parsonage house in Breaston, a Vestry Meeting, early 1864, proposed petitions be sent to both Ecclesiastical Commissioners and the Bishop of Lichfield requesting the same. Breaston had to wait over forty years for its own rectory when one was built in Risley Lane." - this assumes it was not built until the early 1900's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Risley Lane, Breaston in Censuses?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 August 16 09:56 BST (UK) »
This is hopefully a link to a 1937 map showing the Rectory location  http://maps.nls.uk/view/114590936#zoom=4&lat=5940&lon=12112&layers=BT

Kay

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 August 16 09:59 BST (UK) »
it appears that the old rectory risley lane breaston is now a care home and according to breaston parish council site theres a contact address for the vicar at what must be a new vicarage still in risley lane , as an aside a lot of old vicarages being to costly to keep up were sold off and smaller properties built in stead where I used to live did the same .
regards
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline happydays347

• :
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 August 16 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you both for the info. I'm local to the area so I am aware it's now a Care Home and there is a New Rectory built next door.

I'm interested in the inhabitants of the former Rectory, as we think there is a link somewhere within the family. I have been unable to find Census Records stating the names of the individuals who lived here, which is strange, as it should be listed at some point. The new Rectory was not built until the 1980's.