Author Topic: Seldom Seen, Newfield  (Read 12550 times)

Offline Welbat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nutty Hagg, Newfield
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 07 April 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
I do not hink Seldom Seen still exists, I am not a local.
My interest was in farm called Nutty Hagg again now a pile of stones. It would be wonderful to find some sort of picture. It is probably half a mile south of Seldom Seen on the same old track.

Offline Byers Green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Seldom Seen, Newfield
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 07 April 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hello yes the Churchyard still exists at Newfield, although the Church is no longer there. Unfortunately due to the lockdown I wouldn't be able to go and look for you. I would certainly look for you if you give me all the details when we are allowed out again and I will see if I can find it as my Grandparents and Uncles and Aunts are buried there.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: Seldom Seen, Newfield
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 21 April 20 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Welbat. May I enquire as to your interest in "Nutty Hagg" The property along with many of the others was in my family for generations until the last uprooted and moved away in 1854.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Welbat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Nutty Hagg
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 22 April 20 07:47 BST (UK) »
Dear Neil
I think we have corrsponded before, you are in Australia, I hope you are well.
I am descended from the Nutty Hagg Todds from I think George born 1796 son of Christopher.
My lot all went to London.
I was just interested in what Nutty Hagg looked like out of interest as it formed such an important part in our history. I suspect it was not a substantial house that did not stand the test of time nor the cost of services and modernisation. Quite often photos were taken for local interest and I wondered if any still existed, particularly as there is a picture of Seldom Seen.