Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 119978 times)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #315 on: Monday 17 October 16 07:30 BST (UK) »
William Spendlove died c1814 ( from probate record) and Eleanor went on to marry John Nightscales at Sculcoates the same year.

John and Eleanor in 1841 census along with a Dorothy Spendlove, daughter of Henry, Eleanor's son.

There are a family of Nightscales in Selby all born Hull.

Eleanor/ Ellen Nightscales died April 1851
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #316 on: Monday 17 October 16 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hello All

Thank you very much, but please don't lose any sleep over my George Hood.

If it was my George Hood of Selby, baptised Gateshead St Marys 1st October 1786, his father was John Hood, sadly no occupation given, (sent the copy to T&W Archives and Parish Register has no more information)

and

If my George Hood was Nephew of Richard Gibson, it is likely that John Hood will be a Mariner (unless John Hood's occupation changed).

If the Hood - Gibson theory, is reality/turns out to be true, then this gives two females in the area as possible sisters to my George Hood?

1. Elizabeth Hood baptised All Saints Newcastle upon Tyne, 15 April 1781, father John Hood, mariner.
2. Eleanor Hood baptised Tynemouth, 14 December 1783, father John Hood, mariner of Shire Moor.

Hopefully, I've understood this right so far?
 -----------------------------

Other Eleanor Hood IGI marriages 1806; 1817 and 1824 are distant ...

Assumed they lived long enough to marry, that leaves us locally with Elizabeth Hood Parish Weddings ...

marrying William Cook 24 Jan 1804 Tynemouth by Banns [image 456, spinster not stated] and
marrying Thomas Patterson 17 Dec 1814, Long Horsley, Northumberland
marrying Thomas Graham 15 August 1818, All Saints, Newcastle

Sorry a bit piecemeal, but my keyboard decided to stop, so posted, to avoid losing what I had.

Hopefully, if any marriage had a child, we might find one (or two even) Elizabeth Hood/s with a descent to father John Hood / John Hood, mariner?

Regards Mark

EDIT

Seems like someone else enquiring about William Cook (married to Elizabeth Cook, nee Elizabeth Hood) of Tynemouth ...

14 June 06
Baptism lookup - Eleanor Cook
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=163102.0

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: Monday 17 October 16 11:19 BST (UK) »
Possible son of Eleanor Hood b 1783

1851c

John Nightscales born estimated 1813 Hull,-----------------(could have been born 1814 or 1815)

residing in Selby, Yorkshire,, England   
Selby 

occupation cooper

household

John Nightscales  M 38 Hull, Yorkshire
 Eliza Nightscales   Wife F 38 Elsternwick, Yorkshire
 George Nightscales   Son M 13 Hull, Yorkshire
 William Nightscales   Son M 10 Louth, Lincolnshire
 Sarah Jane Nightscales   Daughter F 8 Louth, Lincolnshire
 Francis Nightscales   Son M 6 Hull, Yorkshire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John Gibson a cooper Hull Directory 1829 could be brother of (Uncle ?) Ebenezer Gibson b 1816 a cooper son of Thomas Gibson  (maybe Grandsons of Thomas Gibson of Halls Gate Newcastle -needs more work  ???)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: Monday 17 October 16 11:58 BST (UK) »
Think this John Nightscales is a son of Henry , possible brother of the John who married Eleanor. I couldn't see any children for John and Eleanor, or any other children from her marriage to William Spendlove.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: Monday 17 October 16 12:09 BST (UK) »
Think this John Nightscales is a son of Henry , possible brother of the John who married Eleanor. I couldn't see any children for John and Eleanor, or any other children from her marriage to William Spendlove.

Your honing in again (and Jomot) Claire  !! ( the finder of Tom Gibson Hallsgate  ;) )
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Monday 17 October 16 14:15 BST (UK) »
John son of Henry and Mary Nightscales bpt. 27 Oct. 1812 born the 7th Oct., father a roper. Mother nee Wright:  marriage Sculcoates 27 Oct. 1805

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: Monday 17 October 16 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hello All

Children so far all Tynemouth, of the Elizabeth Hood = William Cook Marriage 24 Jan 1804 Tynemouth by Banns [Im 456, spinster not stated] :-

Burial 1804 (Birth/Bapt not listed Tynemouth)
Mary Cook of No Shields, Dau'r of Wm Cook, Trade Mar'r, Died Oct'r 21, Buried Oct 23, Age 2 W's. [Im 471]

Birth/Baptisms
1805 Eleanor Cook, 4 Sep / 25 Dec, 2 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Sh. Mar'r. N.[Native] of Suffolk by his W. Eliz'th Hood, N. Allsts P.[Parish] [Im 488]

1807 Rosamond Cook, 3 May / 27 May, 3 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Shields, Mar'r, N. of Lowstoff [sic] by his Wife Eliz.th Hood N. of Gateshead P. Allsaints. [Im 554]

1809/1810 Wm Cook, 18 Dec'r 1809 / 10 Jan, 1 Son of Wm Cook of No. Shields, Mariner, N. of Lowstoff by his W. Eliz'th Hood Nat. of Allsaints P. [Im 665]

1811 Eliz'th Cook, 14 Nov:r / 11 Dec, 3 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Sh. Mar.r, N. of Lowstoff by his W. Eliz:th Hood N. of Allsaints P. [Im 714]

Sadly no parentage for Elizabeth Hood, only that she was a Native of All Saints Parish, Newcastle upon Tyne.

I have not checked past 1811, but shall have to enquire if their Marriage entry in the Parish Register has detail about parentage of Elizabeth Hood.

Thank you, Mark

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: Monday 17 October 16 19:19 BST (UK) »
This is probably far too tenuous, but it involves Hood, Hull & Cooper so I'd rather Mark was the one to discard it:

2 Sep 1788 - Apprenticeship of Edward Bouldram of Lincolnshire, nephew of William Hood.
Master's profession: Cooper, Master's address: Hull http://catalogue.hullhistorycentre.org.uk/catalogue/C-BRG-9-108

13 May 1761 Burton Upon Stather, Lincs - Thomas Boldram m Elizabeth Hood, both OTP (Banns Read 7th, 14th & 21st Dec 1760)  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01iow/

Cant find Edward's baptism but other children baptised at Winterton, Lincs 1762-1769 were Elizabeth, Thomas, Frances & William.

6 Jan 1799 Hull, Edward Baldrom married Hannah Barnett
27 Mar 1808, Hull, St Mary, William Hood Baldram s/o Edward Baldram, Cooper, & Hannah

Elizabeth Hood baptised Winterton 18 Sep 1734 d/o Thomas & Frances.  Siblings = William 1730 & Thomas 1740 (buried 1746).
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Monday 17 October 16 23:45 BST (UK) »
Carrying on from Bushinn1746 post,

Elizabeth Cook, wife of William Cook buried Christ Church, Tynemouth 9 Jul 1814 ages 33 years
Abode: North Shields.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ioy/

claire