Author Topic: Information sought about Elizabeth Conroy nee Fitzpatrick born c1829  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Information sought about Elizabeth Conroy nee Fitzpatrick born c1829
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 January 23 20:47 GMT (UK) »
I couldn’t find this Elizabeth Conroy with a husband Charles in any census I think perhaps if your ever over the water check out her admission records , just so she can be eliminated altogether her age in census is 81 so she gains a few years on her burial
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 January 23 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Will check it all out at archives if  when I can next go fitting in with work. Thanks Radcliff. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 February 23 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Radcliffe,
I was able to look up the discharge and inmate records yesterday.  From what I discovered I think this Elizabeth Conroy will not be my ancestor, but I will report on what I found anyway as this might help someone else.
The inmates register records that she was the wife of Charles Conroy – Seaman.  She died on 15 April 1908 and this was recorded as a discharge.  She had been admitted on 15 May 1903 so had been in the workhouse for five years. 
I did not actually see the admittance record as I had not pre-ordered this and had not known this person had been in the workhouse for so long.  I will have to check to see if the archives has the admittance records for this date and order next time.  It would possibly be a good idea for me to see if she had any recorded next of kin on admittance before I rule this person out altogether.  I suppose there might be a slim possibility she was confused when she went in and did not remember that her husband was James and about her true age.  Although, my thoughts now are that it seems that this Elizabeth is not my ancestor.
I looked up the burial anyway and have added to Find A Grave as this may help someone else – even if just to let them know that this was not the Elizabeth who had been married to James.  It was worth a try, so thank you.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/249866221/elizabeth-conroy
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner