Author Topic: Searching for my ancestors the Wallace family of Ballyclare.  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Siamblue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for my ancestors the Wallace family of Ballyclare.
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 10 March 24 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi fellow members, I just thought I would do an update furthermore to what I have found out about the Wallace family.
I have had a DNA test done and the Gt grandniece of Robert Wallace who I found via my searching we are not related so my Real family biological  name is not Wallace.
I also have been doing some other reasearch and I noticed a name in my DNA geographic area of a McCune which came up twice in Carrickfergus I messaged a lady and she said that the McCune was linked in her family tree via a man called Caughey this is the message she sent to me.
It ties up between Isabella Shields and Robert Wallace as well.

kerr53
One possibility is my great grandfather - William John Caughey and our shared cM would allow for a half second cousin relationship. He lived on the Albert Road in Carrick and the date would correlate between the death of my great grandmother in 1910 & him marrying her cousin in 1918. My grandfather was raised by his maternal grandparents & did not have a good relationship with his father. William John was a sailor.

Does anyone know how to make a better link between William J Caughey and that Samuel Shields could infact be his biological son ?
Interested in the Wallace’s from Ballymena and the Shields from Carrickfergus.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for my ancestors the Wallace family of Ballyclare.
« Reply #37 on: Monday 11 March 24 09:39 GMT (UK) »
To avoid duplicating searches and posts here's a link to new topic on William John Caughey with several replies already-
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=881074.msg7535789#msg7535789
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!