Author Topic: Marston Moretaine Burials 1830-1839 - ILIFFE  (Read 1377 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Marston Moretaine Burials 1830-1839 - ILIFFE
« on: Friday 02 September 16 10:43 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the Marston Moretaine burials between 1830 and 1839 and could possibly have a look for me please?

Working on a hunch, which could be wrong, I'm just wondering if Sarah Iliffe (wife of John Iliffe) was buried there sometime during that period.  Ancestry trees list her as dying in Withybrook in Feb 1832 but with no source and there don't appear to be any burials for this period on Ancestry.  The family though were in Monks Kirby but using Monks Kirby Baptist chapel in Oct 1830 when they had a number of children baptised.  Their youngest though does not appear to have been baptised there when born c1832.  I'm just wondering if the family moved to Bedfordshire prior to Sarah's death and their youngest son's birthplace is incorrectly listed on 1851 Census as Monks Kirby.  There is no burial for Sarah at Monks Kirby and a quick look at Warwickshire RO's catalogue suggests the Withybrook burials for this period aren't deposited.  John Iliffe remarried in 1839 back in Warwickshire but was residing in Marston Moretaine at the time.  With a number of young children you would have thought if his wife had died in 1832 (as claimed on various Ancestry trees) he would have remarried before 1839.

If anyone could have a look at Marston Moretain's burials for me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Nicola

PS I do not need any other information as already have it and it isn't relevant to a burial lookup for a particular parish.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Online tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marston Moretaine Burials 1830-1839 - ILIFFE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 September 16 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

Not in Marston but on the new freereg search there is this ....

Withybrook 19th Feb 1832 Sarah Iliffe aged 33 abode Withybrook.
 At Withybrook All Saints.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 September 16 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tazzie.  Have to admit that I'd forgotten to check FreeReg for Withybrook. ::)  Checked the RO catalogue and wasn't showing any for that period.  Suspect they must have them, I shall have to pay them a visit.  I suspect Sarah must have died in childbirth (as one of her sisters appears to have done too) as son Ebenezer is said to have been born about that time but can't find a baptism for him either.

Not sure how accurate the age is though as she married in 1816.  I suppose she could have been born in 1798 which would have made her 18 at the time of the marriage.  Also makes her the youngest of the five siblings (none of whom baptisms can be found, but a Will confirms the relatives), not that any of the Ancestry trees have the correct parents for her anyway.  They have all "picked" what they think is correct, but would have made her 13 years old when she married. :-X
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Online tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 September 16 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

I've had a couple of good "hits " on freereg recently so some updates have been added.
 I've had a husband who is suddenly widowed with a new baby and others shockingly he married 12 weeks after wife was buried.
 New wife was a widow herself so the arrangement worked out well so with his 3 her 2 and they have 2 together.
 Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 September 16 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Smudwhisk
Look in Marston Moretaine pr disc for you and there are no entries in that name for burials or baptisms. Burials are from 1602 - 1851.

Sorry
Bunnygirl
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin