Author Topic: Capper Family Tree  (Read 7407 times)

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Capper Family Tree
« on: Monday 05 September 16 10:07 BST (UK) »
I would love to make contact with some Capper's in Wrexham.  My 3rd great grandparents John and Jane (nee Jones) Capper were born in Wrexham in 1810, had five children all born in London but the family moved back to Wrexham.  Their son John stayed in Wrexham and had a family.  Another son David Price Capper lived there and then moved to Oswestry.  Another son Edward Henry Capper sailed to New Zealand, he's my 2nd great grandfather.  John and Jane Capper also had a daughter called Sarah Jane Capper. The first born, also called John, died at about one year old. 

Would be very interested to hear from a Capper!  Thank you.

Debbie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Capper Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 September 16 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie

You could try the phone listings:

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en//search/residential/search.publisha?Surname=&Location=&Initial=&Street=#

It won't show all but is a useful starting point. I used this to trace some relatives a while ago.

Gadget

Added - there are 7 listed
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 16 19:10 BST (UK) »
Any more info available. i.e the date of John and Jane's marriage and birth dates of the children?.  There are quite a few Cappers living in the Brynteg/Broughton area of Wrexham.
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 September 16 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget!  Yes I have had a look in the phone book and I am yet to ring one or two of these Capper's but thought if someone sees my post, a Capper might just message me through rootschat.  Thank you anyway and if you think of something else I would really appreciate this.

Debbie

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 September 16 21:42 BST (UK) »
Any more info available. i.e the date of John and Jane's marriage and birth dates of the children?.  There are quite a few Cappers living in the Brynteg/Broughton area of Wrexham.

Is this marriage date available?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 September 16 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget!  Yes I have had a look in the phone book and I am yet to ring one or two of these Capper's but thought if someone sees my post, a Capper might just message me through rootschat.  Thank you anyway and if you think of something else I would really appreciate this.

Debbie

For living relatives, in addition to BT, there would be electoral rolls, maybe online family trees,  recent Family announcements in local papers (Wrexham Leader, Shropshire Star) and maybe a similar posting  as this on Facebook, etc.

Members WRJones and Wilcoxon still live in the area and may know of some - I left there a while ago  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 September 16 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,

John and Jane Capper according to the Census were born in 1810, Wrexham.  According to the baptism of John he was born 1805, baptised 1807.  Their children were born between 1841 to 1850.  Children - John (died at 1 year), Edward Henry, David, John (yes, another John) and Sarah.  All of the information can be found on the 1851 Census.  John Senior had a brother called David Price Capper born 1799 in St. Martin in the Fields, London.  I have not found, as yet, a Marriage Certificate for John and Jane Capper.  As you can see, David Price Capper born London and John Wrexham although, maybe, he was born in London but baptised in Wrexham while his parents passed through or settled?  My ancestors moved around then and this seems to have been evident with my 2nd great grandfather Edward moving to New Zealand.  According to John Senior's baptism, his parents names were John and Sarah and he was a Waiter.  By the way my 3rd great grandfather John's occupation was an Artificial Florist or sometimes you will see recorded Feathers.

I hope this has given you more of an idea about my family.  John and Jane are buried in Brymbo.  John and Jane left London in approximately 1851, went up to Edge, Cheshire. 

Marriage Certificate - maybe John and Jane never married.  Jane may well have just taken on the Capper surname?  I know Ancestry, etc are still transcribing records.  What are your thoughts?

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 September 16 22:25 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi could well be they never married, how do you know John had a brother David Price Capper b 1799 St Martin in the Fields?

Who are the Samuel/ Ellen Jones in this census :-

1841 census

John Capper 30 occ Artificial Florist Not born in county
Jane 30 Not born in county
John 10 months
Henry Haig 14
Samuel Jones 3
Ellen Jones 40 Not born in county
Residing at Hugh Place,  Westminster
Census ref HO107/737/ 2/22/ 38
Keyboard86

PS just how many threads are there on this John Capper?

PPS John on 1841/51/61 b c 1810, in 1871 possibly the John COPPER 64 Occ Artificial Florist?  b Denbighshire visiting a David Jones 60 and Ellinor 56 b Merionethshire and family
Census ref RG10/5686/5/2
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Debbie Palleson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi!

Samuel/Ellen Jones I always presumed were Jane's relations as well as David Jones, maybe Jane's brother?  Henry Haig was the apprentice to John Capper.  The 1871 mentions John Copper, definitely him but spelt wrong possibly because of the accent when the Census people were completing the forms?  When I was at the library speaking to a genealogist, we came across David Price Capper.  I can't remember exactly why we made the connection, other than, David was born in St. Martin in the Fields, birth year fitted and his parents were John and Sarah Capper.  This could have been coincidence but at the time I am pretty sure I was happy with this.  I  don't tend to guess at anything but who knows, on this occasion, I could be wrong? 

If we eliminate David Price Capper, then you are left with John born/baptised in Wrexham and obviously with his wife Jane moved to London from Wales.  Does this mean that John's parents came from Wales?  I seem to have come to a stand still without the help of a Marriage Certificate.

What do you think of my theory?

Debbie