Author Topic: Carrickmoes  (Read 6592 times)

Offline starr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carrickmoes finn family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Billie,
i saw your old post re.Mary Finn do you know her parents names .
I have a branch of Finn family come to Australia in 1839 lived in Tralee area and Killgorin in the  north of Kerry . I know it is a commin name but if I dont ask  could  I will always wonder .
                                         thanks            regards Starr in Auatralia.

Offline billie

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Carrickmoes
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 16:19 BST (UK) »
Are you asking about Mary the daughter who was Mary Smith or Margaret Smith the mother whose maiden name was Finn.
Billie
Durham-Hedley,Ward,Garrett,Dobson,Wellburn,Williamson,Garrett,Prissich,Gregory,Greson,Grey,Taylor
Durham and Yorkshire-Moiser
Balfron-Lynch,Bruce
Ireland-Smith,Finn

Offline starr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 23:49 BST (UK) »
Iam asking about Margaret whoes maiden name was fINN.
my fINN FAMILY lived in a area beteen Killiney and Kilgobbin  thate was 2 villiages on the road from Tralee to Castlegregory they were tenant farmers .
Michael Finn 1760-1833.  married Ellen O Sullivan  1765- ?
they had five sons and several daughters  I  only know of two daughters they married into the Fitzgerald family still searching for other daughters
                            thanke           Regards Starr

Offline billie

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 July 08 13:13 BST (UK) »
My Margaret Finn was the daughter of Patrick Finn who was born in 1800. His wife was Catherine Fay born in 1805. That is all I know. I am sure that Margaret had siblings, but have no knowledge of them.....hope this helps...Billie
Durham-Hedley,Ward,Garrett,Dobson,Wellburn,Williamson,Garrett,Prissich,Gregory,Greson,Grey,Taylor
Durham and Yorkshire-Moiser
Balfron-Lynch,Bruce
Ireland-Smith,Finn

Offline starr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 August 08 02:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Billie,
           I dont think this is my Finn family I will keep your family details they might fit in later in my research .
I know there is other Finn's in the area related  a niece Marianne Finn 1799-1865. founded a convent for the Loreto Order at Leek in Staffordshire England   I still have to find her parents.
Thank you for sharing with me  and good luck in your research . regards    Starr in Australia.