Author Topic: MacKenzie - Abby and Donald.  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MacKenzie - Abby and Donald.
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 12 April 20 15:16 BST (UK) »
Checked the Urray Poor Register 1865 to 1918, don't see any MacKenzie Abigail's.

Skoosh.

Offline NZMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 April 20 03:23 BST (UK) »
A genealogist here in New Zealand suggests that possibly some of my ancestors are buried in Borde Buihde Cemetery but is there any online resource for that one?  On RossCromartyRoots there is a photo of the cemetery and an entry for a Mary Mckenzie who died in 1877 and her family came from Rhireavach, Loch Broom.  She is buried in Dundonnell (Bord Buie) Burial Ground.

I have also been told that there is some tie up with Murdock Weaver McKenzie, Kenneth The Pioneer McKenzie and John Smuggler McKenzie who ended up in Waipu, New Zealand  and also some sort of connection to McKenzie's from "Kildonan House" through intermarriage. 

My Dad's DNA I submitted also seems to tie in with the above mentioned Waipu immigrants as well.

Well I am certainly learning more of the wider Mac/McKenzie story!

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 07 May 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
I would suggest obtaining the DC for Mary who died 1877.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline heilanlassie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 31 October 20 12:56 GMT (UK) »
A genealogist here in New Zealand suggests that possibly some of my ancestors are buried in Borde Buihde Cemetery but is there any online resource for that one?  On RossCromartyRoots there is a photo of the cemetery and an entry for a Mary Mckenzie who died in 1877 and her family came from Rhireavach, Loch Broom.  She is buried in Dundonnell (Bord Buie) Burial Ground.

I have also been told that there is some tie up with Murdock Weaver McKenzie, Kenneth The Pioneer McKenzie and John Smuggler McKenzie who ended up in Waipu, New Zealand  and also some sort of connection to McKenzie's from "Kildonan House" through intermarriage. 

My Dad's DNA I submitted also seems to tie in with the above mentioned Waipu immigrants as well.

Well I am certainly learning more of the wider Mac/McKenzie story!

The Mary Mackenzie buried in the Bhord Buie cemetery is my 2nd great aunt.
Her parents were Kenneth and Catherine Mackenzie (my 2xgreat grandparents) from Rhireabhach.
Mary died of TB on 08 December 1877. I have her death certificate, and have visited her grave.

By the way, my 2xgreat grandfather, Kenneth Mackenzie, had a sister called Abigail. Kenneth was born in 1801 and Abigail was born in 1824. Their parents were Alexander and Margaret (Peggy) Mackenzie.
Abigail married in 1851 to John Mackenzie, whose parents were Murdoch and Janet Mackenzie (my 3xgreat grandparents)

You will end up drowning in Mackenzies - I speak from experience  :P :P :P
Researching the names Mckenzie / Mackenzie from Ross and Cromarty especially Scoraig and Rherivach.

The names Fraser, MacGillivary and Grant from Daviot & Dunlichity.

The name of Fraser from Lanarkshire.

The name of Bell from Northumberland.

The name Chilla / Chylla / Chyla from Poland.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 November 20 00:10 GMT (UK) »
I'm reading through this as I am a McKenzie too and its past my bedtime
I wish you luck mine are all over the world and it gets to you to find all of them must have cost me a fortune by now I should be a share holder in Scotland people
Happy hunting
Keep safe I'm still isolated
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 17 November 20 02:49 GMT (UK) »

You will end up drowning in Mackenzies - I speak from experience  :P :P :P

I haven't found enough to paddle in, never mind drowning in  ;D ::)
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline cressmess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 20 June 21 02:20 BST (UK) »
I'm drowning in MacKenzies!  So many Donalds!!!
We (my young daughter and I) are also descendents of Donald and Abigail (my great great great grandparents) and would love to know more or connect with other descendents.  Donald's grandson Donald MacKenzie (!!) married Anne Kelly (Or possibly known as Mary Anne Kelly) who had a son Arthur, who is my grandfather...  My daughter is tracing her family tree and would love to more.  Thanks!!

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 20 June 21 12:57 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, Cressmess.

Do you have any dates and places for Donald/(Mary) Ann/Arthur please?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline NZMack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 June 21 02:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Cressmess

We must be related as Donald MacKenzie and Mary Anne MacKenzie nee Kelly are my Great Grandparents and their son Arthur was my Great Uncle. 

Welcome to the family relative