Author Topic: Death John Lawson, 1842  (Read 589 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death John Lawson, 1842
« on: Friday 16 September 16 06:13 BST (UK) »
I found a listing for the probate of the will of John Lawson of Donegore, Parish of Kilbride. There is a good possibility that this is my Mary Lawson's father. Can anyone find an exact date of death or more information about his will? Thanks for any help.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline robo196

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death John Lawson, 1842
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 September 16 22:09 BST (UK) »
these persons are named on the will
Byers Alexr
Smyth John
don't no if they mean anything to you

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 September 16 23:08 BST (UK) »
I don't know how these people are connected to him. Are they executors of the will? It might connect a lot of family dots if I were to see the contents of the will and possibly verify if he is my gggg grandfather. I think he is Mary Lawson's father and Mary's daughter Margaret was married in First Donegore, Parish of Kilbride, so the location of John's death fits right in and the timeline as well. Mary died between 1851-1861 so her father could have died abt 1842. Is there any way that I could find this will?
Peggy

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 September 16 18:33 BST (UK) »
Where have you both found this will?  (I can see it on PRONI's name search but it says it has not survived.)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 September 16 18:52 BST (UK) »
I found this record on Findmypast in two places. One was the Public Record Office of Ireland,Diocese of Connor, District Registry Belfast. Just said John Lawson, Donegore, 1842. There are other Lawsons on the page, one being Francis of Kilbride, 1839. The other had more information- Will #5979, John Lawson, 887 (? item#), residence - Kilbride, Donegore, will and inventory, Probate to Alex Byers and John Smyth, Exams??(hard to read), date of grant March 3, 1842. I really think he is my ancestor as the time and place are right, and I suspect that my Mary's father is John Lawson as she had son John and grandsons with first and middle names of John Lawson. Just wish I could obtain will but the odds are not good. Any suggestions?