Author Topic: Looking for Assistance re matching child face to adult  (Read 1313 times)

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Assistance re matching child face to adult
« on: Wednesday 21 September 16 21:02 BST (UK) »
I have a school picture of my grandfather's class in Sweden but unfortunately don't know which person is the photo is him.  Is there any service that would compare that photo to photos of my grandfather as a man and identify him?

Regards, Linda from Canada

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Assistance re matching child face to adult
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 September 16 06:46 BST (UK) »
There are lots of facial comparison sites on the internet.  Not sure how accurate they would be comparing a child to an adult as I have never tried them.

Why don't you post the two pictures on the board here and see what everyone thinks?

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 September 16 10:17 BST (UK) »
It would be a good idea to scan just the head and shoulders of man and boy at a resolution of 600dpi
and post here for comments and opinions.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Assistance re matching child face to adult - Photo Attached
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 03:51 BST (UK) »
I have included 4 photos - one of the whole school class in Ansjo Sweden and a crop of the child I think might be my grandfather.  I have attached two photos of my grandfather - one as a young man and one as a middle-aged man.

Any comments or opinions as to possible match greatly appreciated.

Regards, Linda from Canada

Offline lhorosko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Assistance re matching child face to adult - 4th photo
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 03:54 BST (UK) »
Here is the crop of the child  that I think might be my grandfather.  I had issues with previous post.

Thanks, Linda from Canada

Offline diesse

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 October 16 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda,

I think the young fellow on the bottom row right side could also be a possibility.
Just the shape of the face draws me to him.

Di
Badge, Butt, Brentnall, Cannon, Dixon, Esse (Main) Harcourt, Mahony, Moss, Mossop, Nickells, Sowerby, Vickers U.K/Australia/U.S.A.