Author Topic: Need Assistance with Kilmore Parish Register Entry, February 1755.  (Read 708 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Need Assistance with Kilmore Parish Register Entry, February 1755.
« on: Friday 23 September 16 23:38 BST (UK) »
I am interested in a baptism entry in the parish register for the parish of Kilmore, Diocese of Ferns, in February 1755.  It is the last entry on the left-hand page at
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634076#page/9/mode/1up
It reads:

B. Robertus F. Johannis Furlong P. Tom et Anistacia ?? S.S. Nicholay (??) Whitty P. Tom et ?? Costelo P. Kill.

This translates and expands to:

Baptized Robert, son of John Furlong, parish of Tomhaggard, and Anistacia ??, sponsors Nicholas (?) Whitty parish of Tomhaggard, and ?? Costelo, Parish of Killturk.

I am particularly interested in determining the surname of the mother, which I can't make out.
Thanks!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Need Assistance with Kilmore Parish Register Entry, February 1755.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 September 16 09:01 BST (UK) »
After staring at this for some hours, I think the answer with regard to the mother's surname is "Hore", where the H is not capitalized. With this in hand, I went looking for a corresponding marriage, and found a confirming record for John Furlong and Anastasia Hore on 26th May, 1752. So, perhaps got my g-g-g-g-g-grandparents squared away...? Maybe - there is of course a rival couple in the records...

Added 24/9/16 - Looks like the Christian name of the second sponsor is Agatha?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area