Author Topic: george w brown  (Read 751 times)

Offline mrs bongo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
george w brown
« on: Wednesday 28 September 16 13:11 BST (UK) »
hi all
i hope someone can help  i would like to know alittle more info regarding george w brown  all i know he married leah owen in 1920  in dudley  someone said he may of been a londoner dont know the year of his birth or his parents names im so sorry for the lack of info
kind regards

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: george w brown
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 13:34 BST (UK) »
I think you'll need to order the marriage certificate
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Just adding link to older post on Leah Owen for background www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=701101.9

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 15:58 BST (UK) »
I don't wish to sound disrespectful - truly - but you seem to be relying on family legend rather than actual 'facts'.

As was suggested 2 years ago on your other thread re. wife Leah, you definitely need to get the 1920 marriage certificate.   Searching for information on a George W. Brown is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

All I can add is that there are online trees that state Leah was surnamed Biggs (not Owen as you stated on other thread), married a John William Owen in June qtr.1899 Dudley.   He died 1914. She then married - as you know - George W. Brown in 1920 Dudley. 

Leah Brown is stated on the trees to have died in the Dec.qtr.1949 Stoke on Trent, Staffs.  If this is correct, then a George W. Brown bc.1887 died June quarter 1957 Stoke on Trent which may possibly be him but there is no way of knowing at this stage.

However, we could hum and hah about George W. Brown forever as it's just too common a name.   The only way you will get any positive information about him is by getting the 1920 marriage certificate.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 September 16 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello
The date of death for Leah brown 1949 isn't correct as that lady  leaves a Will naming her husband Enoch.
If you have a date of birth the 1939 index would be worth a look.(you could look without a surname)
Ciderdrinker